Testing results of new Sugar Network Node, with current production clients

Sebastian Silva

May 7, 2014, 1:52:10 PM5/7/14
to Aleksey Lim, Laura Vargas, sugar-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've documented my initial tests based on previously made Selenium automated testing scripts. Impressively few issues:

Pasted here for convenience:

=== Testing conducted on XO1.5 w/ webui 0.9 ===

* Unable to edit Project
* Search functionality only searches within activities, not projects
* In fact "all" contexts only return activities, not projects
* Uploading artifacts fails silently. Aparently empty records are created.
* All projects have a "sad face" icon now.

Note this version+database is accessible from the web at:

Regards,
Sebastian

Aleksey Lim

May 8, 2014, 10:19:02 AM5/8/14
to Sebastian Silva, Laura Vargas, sugar-...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, May 07, 2014 at 05:47:10PM -0005, Sebastian Silva wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've documented my initial tests based on previously made Selenium
> automated testing scripts. Impressively few issues:
>
> Documented at http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Network/1.0/Issues
>
> Pasted here for convenience:
>
> === Testing conducted on XO1.5 w/ webui 0.9 ===
>
> * Unable to edit Project

Whats the webui url to edit project?

> * Search functionality only searches within activities, not projects
> * In fact "all" contexts only return activities, not projects

Should be fixed.

> * Uploading artifacts fails silently. Aparently empty records are
> created.

Sounds like you used http://node-testing.sugarlabs.org/ as api url,
this url redirects to http://node.sugarlabs.org:8000/ which breaks
posting requests.

> * All projects have a "sad face" icon now.

This is new stub image to make missed image more obvious.
Anyway, while creating group type contexts, node generates group images.
I did the same for all existing resources.

--
Aleksey

Sebastian Silva

May 8, 2014, 1:17:26 PM5/8/14

El jue, 8 de may 2014 a las 9:19 AM, Aleksey Lim <als...@sugarlabs.org> escribió:
On Wed, May 07, 2014 at 05:47:10PM -0005, Sebastian Silva wrote:
Hi all, I've documented my initial tests based on previously made Selenium automated testing scripts. Impressively few issues: Documented at http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Network/1.0/Issues Pasted here for convenience: === Testing conducted on XO1.5 w/ webui 0.9 === * Unable to edit Project
Whats the webui url to edit project?

The "edit project" button is only seen when the context.is_author condition is True.

Then the URL is contructed in a rather naive wait passing actual content as GET parameters.

Therefore edit urls end up like this, for example:

* Search functionality only searches within activities, not projects * In fact "all" contexts only return activities, not projects
Should be fixed.

Confirmed, thanks.

* Uploading artifacts fails silently. Aparently empty records are created.
Sounds like you used http://node-testing.sugarlabs.org/ as api url, this url redirects to http://node.sugarlabs.org:8000/ which breaks posting requests.

I actually setup the api_url in sweets.conf as instructed, to node.sugarlabs.org:8000
I will look at logs to try to help diagnose this issue.

* All projects have a "sad face" icon now.
This is new stub image to make missed image more obvious. Anyway, while creating group type contexts, node generates group images. I did the same for all existing resources.

Since 0.9 is already in the field, and it provides no way for Project authors to change the icons, a sad face might not be the best option as default Project icon.

Thanks again for your hard work.

Sebastian