RE: 4success Balloon artist and costume "elmo"

Arla Albers

Jan 10, 2014, 1:03:23 PM1/10/14
to Dianne Birkhead, succesfu...@googlegroups.com

I am told that all of those characters are copyrighted.  No one does them around here anymore as far as I know.  Good luck on finding someone.

Arla

Jan 10, 2014, 1:48:51 PM1/10/14
to Arla Albers, Dianne Birkhead, succesfu...@googlegroups.com

Yes they are and anyone that wears one of their costumes and hires themselves out representing one of these character can and sooner or later wil be sued for copyright infringements. They do not care if you paint them on the hand or the face because it washes off immediately but if you use them in this way or in print to advertise your business it will bring nothing but trouble. The fine is $50,000 and there’s nothing yu can o to get out of paying it.

Marcela