Crash report

Serge Chernetsov

Sep 21, 2022, 6:12:42 PM9/21/22
to us...@subversion.apache.org
Hi, SVN consistently crashes (logs attached) for me every time I am trying to commit. Could you please look into this issue and maybe suggest a workaround for me?
Crash.zip

Pavel Lyalyakin via users

Sep 22, 2022, 4:52:51 AM9/22/22
to Serge Chernetsov, us...@subversion.apache.org
On Thu, Sep 22, 2022 at 1:12 AM Serge Chernetsov
<scher...@pdftron.com> wrote:

> Hi, SVN consistently crashes (logs attached) for me every time I am trying to commit. Could you please look into this issue and maybe suggest a workaround for me?

Hello,

Does the problem occur when you disable Avast antivirus or set up
antivirus exclusions?

I also see that you are running the client in the downloads directory
"C:\Users\s_a_c\Downloads\". I guess that the antivirus has some
special handling of processes started from the downloads directory, so
maybe starting the svn.exe client from e.g. C:\svnclient\bin\svn.exe
could also help.

I'm assuming that the problem is related to Avast because I see in the
log that the following module is loaded:
[[[
0x6fcb0000 C:\Program Files\Avast Software\Avast\x86\aswhook.dll
(22.8.7500.0, 73728 bytes)
]]]

--
With best regards,
Pavel Lyalyakin

Serge Chernetsov

Sep 22, 2022, 2:42:58 PM9/22/22
to Pavel Lyalyakin, us...@subversion.apache.org
Thank you very much, Pavel, it resolved the issue

Sep 22, 2022, 3:28:51 PM9/22/22
to Serge Chernetsov, us...@subversion.apache.org
You are welcome! Glad to hear my suggestion helped.