Frequent "read past EOF" errors... seem to be rooted in Lucene

AC

Jul 5, 2012, 11:59:28 AM7/5/12
to sub...@googlegroups.com
I'm seeing frequent issues on my blog (www.andrewconnell.com/blog). When I turn off the custom errors & set debug=true, Im seeing the following error:

I don't use Lucene as my search engine... I "oursource" search to Bing (the client-side script isn't working, but that's a seperate issue). When I run the blog locally against my live DB, it works great.

But I can't figure out how to get around this issue. Its blocking me from logging into the admin site & there are a few other random pages that spit it out (like this):

I see a bunch of non MDF files int he App_Data folder (CFS, del, lock, etc). I'm using a full SQL Server. I'm assuming the non-MDF files are the index files ... can I purge those to "reset" the index? Can I turn off Lucene?

AC

Jul 6, 2012, 5:53:06 AM7/6/12
to sub...@googlegroups.com
Figured it out... to clear the index I downloaded/uploaded the web.config to recycle the app pool & then deleted everything in the APP_DATA folder except the OOB MDF file.