Cannot have ']]>' inside an XML CDATA block

CoffeeAddict

Jun 4, 2012, 1:48:53 PM6/4/12
to sub...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone got past this error in Subversion 2.0.0?  I'm  just trying to use BlogML to port my stuff out since I'm moving to another blog engine.

I get this when clicking the export button for BlogML from Admin:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Cannot have ']]>' inside an XML CDATA block.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Cannot have ']]>' inside an XML CDATA block.

Source Error:

Line 140: {
Line 141: string postId = this.conversionStrategy.GetConvertedId(IdScopes.Posts, bmlPost.ID);
Line 142:    WriteStartPost(postId, bmlPost.Title, bmlPost.DateCreated, bmlPost.DateModified, bmlPost.Approved, bmlPost.Content.Text,
Line 143:                   bmlPost.PostUrl, bmlPost.Views, bmlPost.PostType, bmlPost.PostName);
Line 144:

Source File: C:\www\Blog_oldLiveSite\11_21_2009\Subtext2\Subtext.BlogMl\BlogMlWriter.cs    Line: 142

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Cannot have ']]>' inside an XML CDATA block.]
   System.Xml.XmlTextWriter.WriteCData(String text) +2554804
   BlogML.BlogMLWriterBase.WriteContent2(String elementName, String text, ContentTypes contentType) +217
   BlogML.BlogMLWriterBase.WriteStartPost(String id, String title, ContentTypes titleContentType, DateTime dateCreated, DateTime dateModified, Boolean approved, String content, ContentTypes postContentType, String postUrl, UInt32 Views, Boolean hasexcerpt, String excerpt, ContentTypes excerptContentType, BlogPostTypes blogpostType, String PostName) +404
   BlogML.BlogMLWriterBase.WriteStartPost(String id, String title, DateTime dateCreated, DateTime dateModified, Boolean approved, String content, String postUrl, UInt32 Views, BlogPostTypes blogpostType, String PostName) +142
   Subtext.BlogML.BlogMLWriter.WritePost(BlogMLPost bmlPost) in C:\www\Blog_oldLiveSite\11_21_2009\Subtext2\Subtext.BlogMl\BlogMlWriter.cs:142
   Subtext.BlogML.BlogMLWriter.WritePostsPage(IPagedCollection`1 posts) in C:\www\Blog_oldLiveSite\11_21_2009\Subtext2\Subtext.BlogMl\BlogMlWriter.cs:134
   Subtext.BlogML.BlogMLWriter.WritePosts(ICollectionBook`1 allPosts) in C:\www\Blog_oldLiveSite\11_21_2009\Subtext2\Subtext.BlogMl\BlogMlWriter.cs:96
   Subtext.BlogML.BlogMLWriter.InternalWriteBlog() in C:\www\Blog_oldLiveSite\11_21_2009\Subtext2\Subtext.BlogMl\BlogMlWriter.cs:85
   BlogML.BlogMLWriterBase.Write(XmlWriter writer) +57
   Subtext.BlogML.BlogMLHttpHandler.WriteBlogML(Stream outStream) in C:\www\Blog_oldLiveSite\11_21_2009\Subtext2\Subtext.BlogMl\BlogMlHttpHandler.cs:61
   Subtext.BlogML.BlogMLHttpHandler.HandleRequest(HttpContext context) in C:\www\Blog_oldLiveSite\11_21_2009\Subtext2\Subtext.BlogMl\BlogMlHttpHandler.cs:45
   Subtext.Extensibility.Web.BaseHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in C:\www\Blog_oldLiveSite\11_21_2009\Subtext2\Subtext.Extensibility\Web\BaseHttpHandler.cs:52
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +599
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +171

Simone Chiaretta

Jun 4, 2012, 1:50:03 PM6/4/12
to sub...@googlegroups.com
But are you running on subtext 2.0?

---
Simone Chiaretta
@simonech
Sent from a tablet

CoffeeAddict

Jun 4, 2012, 2:11:13 PM6/4/12
to sub...@googlegroups.com
lol whoops I said Subversion I meant Subtext 2.0.0
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to subtext+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

CoffeeAddict

Jun 4, 2012, 2:52:20 PM6/4/12
to sub...@googlegroups.com
I suppose I could just create a quick T-SQL routine to strip out CDATA completely in the blog content.

Simone Chiaretta

Jun 4, 2012, 3:25:31 PM6/4/12
to sub...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, understood... But 2.0 is a pretty old release... I remember there were many updates and bug fix to the BlogML code after that

---
Simone Chiaretta
@simonech
Sent from a tablet
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to subtext+u...@googlegroups.com.

CoffeeAddict

Jun 4, 2012, 3:52:08 PM6/4/12
to sub...@googlegroups.com
Yea I tried to upgrade to 2.5 a while back but had too much trouble (errors)...I mean does that data really even need CDATA..I doubt it cause it's illegal syntax nowdays to have CDATA between script tags anyway...

Simone Chiaretta

Jun 4, 2012, 5:32:56 PM6/4/12
to sub...@googlegroups.com
I think we stored the text of the post inside a CDATA block inside the BlogML XML, to preserve the HTML tags of the body when saved inside another XML tag.
But that should not give you this error.

Simone

---