Wishlist

Harro Lackmann

Dec 21, 2020, 12:33:35 AM12/21/20
to Subsurface Divelog
When posting questions you can help us answer you more quickly if you make sure you include some basic information:
  • Which version are you using (hint: look at the About screen)?
  • Which OS are you running?
  • (if applicable) which dive computer are you using?
Feel free to delete this text when posting your question.

I like the program.
I would like to have tree points for the future.

1.
Device management for: regulators, cylinders, dive computers; Revision, picture, time etc.
2.
Further entry options in the field of equipment. Such as Unterzierher, Heritzweste etc.
3.
I dive with a Scubapro G2. Alarms are not shown in the diagram.

Harro Lackmann

Dec 21, 2020, 1:57:08 AM12/21/20
to Subsurface Divelog

Am Montag, 21. Dezember 2020 06:33:35 UTC+1 schrieb Harro Lackmann:
When posting questions you can help us answer you more quickly if you make sure you include some basic information:
  • Which version are you using (hint: look at the About screen)?   ->  4.9.7
  • Which OS are you running?   -> Win10 Enterprise
  • (if applicable) which dive computer are you using? -> Scubapro G2 and Uwartec Luna and Mares Puck Pro
Feel free to delete this text when posting your question.

Jason Bramwell

Dec 21, 2020, 2:39:49 AM12/21/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com

Harro,

You might be waiting a while for the device management feature, this has been requested before and none of the developers have shown any interest in implementing this. I can sort of see the appeal of this, I have a separate spreadsheet I use for tracking service dates and oxygen cleaning dates of my dive cylinders for example but this can be handled easily elsewhere. I don’t think anyone is specifically against the idea just that nobody has implemented this yet. You could use tags for a lot of this feature e.g. to track which dives were done with which equipment but that probably doesn’t give you exactly what you want.

I find that the ‘suit’ field is a sensible place for these because I don’t use the drysuit alone, it is instead part of a combination e.g. drysuit 1 with undersuit 1, drysuit 1 with undersuit 2. See the attached picture for an example of how I use it.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Harro Lackmann

Dec 21, 2020, 3:08:18 AM12/21/20
to Subsurface Divelog
I understand. I have the same

But I want more ;-)

Grey Wolf

Dec 21, 2020, 11:51:15 PM12/21/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
hi harro

I think one of the reasons why there is no equipment-management in subsurface might be, that there is no database, where these info is stored.
in my part, I solved these quite simple. Since I moved with subsurface mobile from my cell-phone to a tablet I just use a different app for managing my equipment and my divecards, but not for logging dives. So I have a clean separation between logging and managing.

In my eyes your solution to store things like "unterzieher/undersuit" oder "heizweste/heating" direct with your suit is not the worst one. On the other hand you could also use the tags to handle that. Most of the divers worldwide seems to dive in warmer waters and if you would implement more options for underwear it would be useless for most of the users but just messing up the GUI. not everyone is diving the whole year in cold, dark waters....

the most interesting part in your question seems to me the alarms of your G2. could you explain that a little more - which kind of alarm e.g. ?

keep on howling

grey

Harro Lackmann

Dec 22, 2020, 8:55:53 AM12/22/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Yes of course
The problem is that the alarms like rising to fast.
I miss the warning triangle

Harro Lackmann

Dec 22, 2020, 8:58:54 AM12/22/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
So, the first part

It's simply a wish... 😉

Grey Wolf

Dec 22, 2020, 11:59:55 AM12/22/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
ah - I see

take a close look at the profile of your dives. I bet you see some parts of the profile-line colored in red (if not your a lucky guy). and if you move the coursor to that line you should see detailed information  in the info-screen (the grey window you can drag around the profile) - and here is your warning of speeding descent/ascent...

keep on howling

martin

Harro Lackmann

Dec 22, 2020, 12:09:44 PM12/22/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Yes I knew
That is not what I'm looking for.

Thwr is an warning triangle near the line
This is what I want to have.

It's a yellow triangle with an ! in it.
I have seen it at my buddy. But he have an other Diving computer.

Have a look at the Screenshot

Screenshot_20201222-180732_Opera.jpg

Grey Wolf

Dec 22, 2020, 1:42:40 PM12/22/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
I know what you are searching for. I don't know, if your divecomputer stores this warnings or transfers them to subsurface - sorry.
maybe dirk knows....

keep on howling

martin

Dirk Hohndel

Dec 22, 2020, 1:45:27 PM12/22/20
to Subsurface Divelog

On Dec 22, 2020, at 9:09 AM, Harro Lackmann <harrol...@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes I knew
That is not what I'm looking for.

Thwr is an warning triangle near the line
This is what I want to have.

It's a yellow triangle with an ! in it.
I have seen it at my buddy. But he have an other Diving computer.

Different dive computers provide us with different information during a download.
And for the G2 we are not getting such warning events.
So there's nothing we can show.

There's a chance that the data are actually included in the G2 download format and we just don't know how to parse those warnings. But given that this is a fairly well understood format used by more than a dozen dive computers, I doubt that.

You may simply be out of luck

/D

Harro Lackmann

Dec 22, 2020, 1:49:49 PM12/22/20