Dive Sites and tags

Aaron Martina (martinatime)

Oct 23, 2022, 2:38:46 PM10/23/22
to Subsurface Divelog
I noticed that when I create a new dive site there seems to be a field for tags but once I fill out the coordinates it gives me a message "No dive site layout categories set in preferences!". I couldn't find those categories in the preferences. Are these preferences loaded elsewhere?

David Liddle

Nov 8, 2022, 3:35:54 AM11/8/22
to Subsurface Divelog
I am using the latest SubSurface and my DiveSites tab is gone.

I still have my dive site that I defined but can not add any new divesites... sniff

MainScreen_Display_NoDiveSites_err_01.jpg

JB2Cool

Nov 8, 2022, 6:55:16 AM11/8/22
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
What operating system are you running and by latest do you mean latest stable or latest nightly? a version number would be good.

Jason

On Tue, 8 Nov 2022 at 08:35, David Liddle <scubadiv...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am using the latest SubSurface and my DiveSites tab is gone.

I still have my dive site that I defined but can not add any new divesites... sniff

JB2Cool

Nov 8, 2022, 8:12:09 AM11/8/22
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
I can actually replicate this on 5.0.10 on Windows 11, i'll see what it looks like from home once i get there, i have more devices at home.

JB

JB2Cool

Nov 8, 2022, 8:43:35 AM11/8/22
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Found a way to access this. It's no longer a tab but you can go View > Dive Sites and this takes you to the sam place. This to me actually makes sense and cleans up the UI a bit.

Jason

JB2Cool

Nov 8, 2022, 8:56:55 AM11/8/22
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Me again (i should actually take the time to formulate complete comprehensive replies rather than being keen to get back to people quickly).

The release notes for 5.0.10 actually state "remove divesite list from tab-widgets" so this is working exactly as designed. It's just moved to the View list.

Jason

David Liddle

Nov 8, 2022, 5:46:17 PM11/8/22
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much...

I checked the online manual and it did not have the new way to access dive sites; I know I know... it is extra hard to keep up with the documentation...  version control... all that stuffs