HELP! Problem Downloading app on computer/setting up

Bridget Rieger

Jun 19, 2024, 7:16:04 AM (14 days ago) Jun 19
to Subsurface Divelog
I tried to create my profile on the app but it didnt work so I went onto my laptop to use the website and have not been able to download the software to make any progress on getting my dive log started.

It says the folder downloads but then wont open/work

PLEASE HELP!

JB2Cool

Jun 19, 2024, 7:48:09 AM (14 days ago) Jun 19
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Bridget,
Can you tell us about your computer and where you went to download the software? I'm guessing you are on a Windows laptop but you could be using something else too. Here are the links to the latest Subsurface installers for Windows and macOS.

Windows = https://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/subsurface-6.0.5214-CICD-release-installer.exe

What i think may be happening is that the installer isn't trusted enough yet as Microsoft and Apple have some funny ideas about how they think software should be delivered, that i think you might see is a notice up in the top-right when you download the file saying "Subsurface isn't commonly downloaded, make sure you trust Subsurface", click the ... and then click Keep, then you'll be presented with another scary looking window where you have to click Keep anyway. Only then will appear in the Downloads folder. Go and find the installer in the Downloads folder and double-click it and you should then be presented with an installation dialog.

Jason