Import logfile from Oceanic+, unknown DC, only uploads 3 of 15 dives

Brad Ahlf

Feb 25, 2024, 10:56:17 PMFeb 25
to Subsurface Divelog
Using Subsurface latest version on my MacBook Pro.  Using Oceanic+ latest version on my iWatch Ultra and with iPhone app.  First time using Oceanic+, as backup dive computer to Deepblu Cosmiq+ (which I have now successfully loaded into Subsurface).

Oceanic+ app on iPhone I select Logbook -> ... -> Export Dives.  They send an email with a link.  Link initiates a download of an exports folder, which contains logfile.  I looked quickly at the logfile uddf/xml data and it appears to show the 15 dives I expect.

Subsurface on Mac I select Import -> Import log files and select the file.  The import appears to succeed, but I only see 3 of the 15 dive files.  I can see data for the 1st dive, the 5th dive, and the 15th dive.

On the profile map the name shown for each of these 3 dives is "Unknown dive computer".

The dive data from dive 1 (weight test brief dive) appears to be OK, including the date/time.

The dive data for last dive 15 appears to be OK, except the date/time is off by 4hours (TZ difference to home is 4h, perhaps I did not sync last dive before my flight home, so likely OK).

The dive data from 5 appears to have incorrect duration.  I recall my Iwatch battery died during one dive, I suspect it was dive 5.  Perhaps this data is corrupt somehow.

Other Dives 2-4 and 6-14 appear to be missing from Subsurface import.

Log file generated by Oceanic+ is attached.

Thanks for any help or guidance.

Brad
nQEzlh490vV7zqsF9kb9Pwcmi9n1-1708913782.uddf

Robert C. Helling

Feb 26, 2024, 2:15:22 AMFeb 26
to Subsurface Divelog
I don't know, works for me.

Maybe you have a filter turned on?

Best
Robert
dive.jpg

Brad Ahlf

Feb 26, 2024, 11:33:59 AMFeb 26
to Subsurface Divelog
Thank you Robert for the fast response and testing the log file.  Your screenshot looks exactly like what I hoped for and expected.

I checked and I have no filters or filter sets in use.  I didn't even know about them until you mentioned them.

See attached for my screenshot.  Notice "Unknown Dive Computer" on profile when I select a new import dive.  Notice only the 3 of 15 new import dives in dive list (#1, #5, #15).  Notice dive 5 data ends 20 mins early both on the information and on the profile, I think that is correct and when my watch ran out of battery.

Are you using Subsurface on Mac or Windows?  I am on MacBook Pro with M1 Max and Sonoma 14.3 and Subsurface 6.0.5094-CICD-Release
Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 8.09.03 AM.png

Brad Ahlf

Feb 26, 2024, 11:35:50 AMFeb 26
to Subsurface Divelog
Tested same import of log file on a different Mac on i5 and Monterey 12.7.3 running same version of Subsurface.  Same exact results.

Robert C. Helling

Feb 26, 2024, 3:23:33 PMFeb 26
to Subsurface Divelog
In your screenshot I can also see the other dives: They are already there in your dive list! Subsurface figured out they are already in your log book and merged the two versions of the dive. Click for example on the dive Feb 10 at 8:53am. In the profile view I expect that two dive computers are listed. You can switch the display between them using the cursor keys. I guess, the three dives listed are not yet merged because of the time difference. Once you correct the time (zone) they can be merged with the dives in the log as well.

Best
Robert

Brad Ahlf

Feb 26, 2024, 4:18:59 PMFeb 26
to Subsurface Divelog
Thanks for your help Robert.

Strange.  It doesn't appear to me that there are two merged dives from both Deepblu and Oceanic+ in any of the existing dive entries, including Feb 10 at 8:51am, I see only one DC for "Deepblu Cosmiq+" on each profile pane.  See screenshot.  All of the previous existing dives below the new imported top 3 show only the previous entered data from the Deepblu DC.   The profile pane in each only shows the name of the Deepblu DC and not the Oceanic+ DC. The 3 new dives from the Oceanic+ DC show up with name as "Unknown Dive Computer" in each profile.

What DC do you see in your profile pane show for the imported dives - Oceanic+ or Unknown Dive Computer?  What is the type of computer and OS you are running Subsurface on?
Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 1.01.44 PM.png

Robert C. Helling

Feb 27, 2024, 3:12:34 AMFeb 27
to Subsurface Divelog
Obviously, I don't have your log with your previous dives, so I cannot see them in the same way. Have you tried importing the new dives into an empty log (press Ctrl-N and then do the import) to make sure the actual import works for you as well? Then we can work out the merging (or not).

Best
Robert

Brad Ahlf

Feb 27, 2024, 2:55:59 PMFeb 27
to Subsurface Divelog
It appears to me that the Import of the Oceanic+ log file technically does work correctly.   When done on a clean/empty log it works as expected, except the profile shows DC name as "Unknown Dive Computer".

So, this Oceanic+ Dive Computer (Oceanic+ IPhone app, using iWatch Ultra as Dive Computer, log file generated by Oceanic+ and sent via email as a zip file) appears to not be officially supported yet (?), as the new dives show up as "Unknown Dive Computer" in each dive.

And, imported dives from Oceanic+ are not merged, presumably because of the "Unknown Dive Computer" for each dive.

Q - Is there an easy way to make this Oceanic+ to be a recognized DC, then hopefully the merged dives would work?

From the generated log file header:

<uddf version="3.2.1" xmlns="http://www.streit.cc/uddf/3.2/"><generator>
        <manufacturer>
            <contact>
                <homepage>https://www.oceanicworldwide.com/it/oceanic-plus/</homepage>
            </contact>
        </manufacturer>
        <version>0.0.1</version>
        <datetime>2024-02-26T02:16:22.359Z</datetime>
    </generator>

JB2Cool

Feb 27, 2024, 3:25:29 PMFeb 27
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
We can only import that's there, we can't magic up information, if the export doesn't say what computer this is from then we can't import it. This is the top bit of one of my dives (originally imported from Dive computer into Subsurface and then exported out of Subsurface into UDDF format to generate this test file), you can see here that the example export details what dive computer it was generated from.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<uddf xmlns="http://www.streit.cc/uddf/3.2/" version="3.2.0">
  <generator>
    <name>Subsurface Divelog</name>
    <manufacturer id="subsurface">
      <name>Subsurface Team</name>
      <contact>
        <homepage>http://subsurface-divelog.org/</homepage>
      </contact>
    </manufacturer>
    <version>3</version>
  </generator>
  <mediadata/>
  <diver>
    <owner id="owner">
      <personal>
        <firstname/>
        <lastname/>
      </personal>
      <equipment>
        <divecomputer id="d5b3a54f">
          <name>Heinrichs Weikamp OSTC 2</name>
          <model>Heinrichs Weikamp OSTC 2</model>
        </divecomputer>
      </equipment>
    </owner>

Brad Ahlf

Feb 27, 2024, 7:36:50 PMFeb 27
to Subsurface Divelog
Very cool JB2Cool.  :)  And Robert.

So, I edited the Oceanic+ log file and got the dive data to import satisfactorily.

I added a dive computer section to the logfile that is acceptable (copied JB2Cool data from above with name changed to "Oceanic+").  I also fixed the one dive with the incorrect start time.

Then the log file data was able to import and with a dive computer defined as "Oceanic+" instead of "Unknown Dive Computer" in the profile section..

Then the log file new dive data was able to successfully merge with the existing dives that matched well enough.  The profile section can now be navigated to see either dive computer data with arrow keys.

Then I used the GPS data from the Oceanic+ to set the locations for the dives.  The map section can now be navigated with the more accurate GPS info from the Oceanic+ iWatch.

Then I deleted the 2 dive files where I was not able to get the data to match (time was too different due to watch running out of battery).

Now, the dive data in Subsurface looks the way it should, with both dive logs integrated for almost all of the dives.

Thanks again JB2Cool and Robert for your help.

Brad