MacOS Printing Problem

Philippe B.

Jun 28, 2024, 5:14:41 AMJun 28
to Subsurface Divelog

Hello,

Maybe this question has already been asked, but unfortunately, the search tool in Google Groups is not very efficient, making it quite difficult to find something specific.

I am using macOS Ventura 13.6.6 with the latest version of Subsurface. Despite checking all the menus, I can't find how to print my dives! The documentation states that I should use the "File → Print" menu, but this menu does not exist in my Mac version!

Another related question, I understand that it is possible to customize the HTML export (also on Mac), but I can't figure out where to do it! For example, I would like to add a column that shows the name of the Buddy I dived with...

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Phil

Dirk Hohndel

Jun 28, 2024, 11:09:54 AMJun 28
to Subsurface Divelog
Printing unfortunately relies on the outdated and no longer maintained QtWebKit - and we don't have this for all combinations of OSs we support.
The current macOS builds don't include that library, so direct printing doesn't work there :(

/D

Philippe B.

Jun 28, 2024, 3:34:34 PMJun 28
to Subsurface Divelog
Thank you for this response Dirk, it's (unfortunately) what I feared! It's not a problem, I will also use the Windows version through emulation with the UTM software when I need to print.