install subsurface=4.9.3-1~xenial

Greg Faith

Oct 25, 2019, 11:39:09 AM10/25/19
to Subsurface Divelog
could not get:

copied from terminal>
greg@gman-Mint:~$ sudo apt-get install subsurface=4.9.3-1~xenial
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Version '4.9.3-1~xenial' for 'subsurface' was not found

Anyway it was a new install on Linux Mint 19.2 so I reverted to
4.9.3-1~bionic
Working fine..

Greg Faith

Oct 25, 2019, 6:11:00 PM10/25/19
to Subsurface Divelog
Boy to I feel dumb.
19.2 Tina Ubuntu Bionic Long term support release (LTS), supported until April 2023.
19.1 Tessa Ubuntu Bionic Long term support release (LTS), supported until April 2023.
19 Tara Ubuntu Bionic Long term support release (LTS), supported until April 2023.
18.3 Sylvia Ubuntu Xenial Long term support release (LTS), supported until April 2021.
18.2 Sonya Ubuntu Xenial Long term support release (LTS), supported until April 2021.
18.1 Serena Ubuntu Xenial Long term support release (LTS), supported until April 2021.
18 Sarah Ubuntu Xenial Long term support release (LTS), supported until April 2021
No wonder Xenial did not work with my new verison of Linux Mint 19.2

Chris Voit

Mar 21, 2020, 4:58:11 PM3/21/20
to Subsurface Divelog
You shouldn't feel dumb; I was having the same issue in Mint 19.3, and came across your post here. I replaced "xenial" with "bionic" at the end of the install command and it worked like a charm. Thank you!