AV1 Support

Simone Bergamini

Nov 29, 2016, 9:09:15 AM11/29/16
to Subsurface Divelog
Hi everyone, in future, the AV1 computer of Underwater technology Company will supported on subsurface divelog?

Thank you

Simone

Anton Lundin

Nov 29, 2016, 7:19:27 PM11/29/16
to Subsurface Divelog
Maybe.

I've never heard about that computer or company before.

The simplest way would be if the vendor provided specifications on how to communicate with the device, to be able to download data of it. Otherwise it looks to be a serial protocol so it might be possible to reverse engineer. That depends on a determined person owning a device, and is willing to spend the time decoding the protocol.

//Anton

Simone Bergamini

Nov 30, 2016, 2:00:47 AM11/30/16
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com

Is a rissian technical computer. A very complete computer. I'm looking for the export protocol. Export in .txt format. Can help you to resolve my problem?

Simone Bergamini

Nov 30, 2016, 2:02:28 AM11/30/16
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com

Now i also use his download software But it's Not complete

Il 30 Nov 2016 01:19, "Anton Lundin" <an...@lundin.pp.se> ha scritto:

Miika Turkia

Nov 30, 2016, 2:11:21 AM11/30/16
to Subsurface Divelog
If you can provide me/us a sample export log, I can take a look how to import that to Subsurface. But of course, it would be preferable to support the computer directly.

Simone Bergamini

Nov 30, 2016, 5:31:03 AM11/30/16
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Miika, in the attaches there are two files, one with the screenshot of my dive profile in the av1 software and the second with the export data .txt with the same dive. This file genereted by press button on the lower right on the screen who you see in the screenshot.

Thanks a lot Miika

If you can provide me/us a sample export log, I can take a look how to import that to Subsurface. But of course, it would be preferable to support the computer directly.

logbook.txt
20161130_112200.jpg

Miika Turkia

Dec 1, 2016, 10:55:31 PM12/1/16
to Subsurface Divelog
Thanks, this should allow me to implement the import for the dive profile. I am just not sure when I have time to do that. If you do not hear anything back, feel free to bring the issue back to my attention as it would not be the first time I forget something :D (The format does not sit well with our generic import mechanism, so it'll take some effort to add support. But it should be reasonably straight forward to do.)

Davide DB

Dec 2, 2016, 5:59:28 AM12/2/16
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
This is its homepage (just in case)

http://av-uwt.com/?lang=en

Simone Bergamini

Dec 4, 2016, 2:54:00 PM12/4/16
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Miika, i try to ask them if can i export in to another method.

Simone Bergamini

Dec 4, 2016, 2:57:28 PM12/4/16
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
If you have progress to implement the computer, tell me something.

Thank you!

Miika Turkia

Jan 2, 2017, 11:52:28 AM1/2/17
to Subsurface Divelog
I have now implemented support for the AV1 .txt format. If you are using Windows a test binary is available in the address below. It would be great if you could test it out. When you start Subsurface, select: import -> import log files. Then choose the logboox.txt. On the actual import dialog, there is a pull-down menu on top left, there should be AV1 at the end of the list.

https://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/daily/subsurface-4.5.96-65-g4abf619dc49d.exe

Simone Bergamini

Jan 2, 2017, 5:40:47 PM1/2/17
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Great!!! I try it and work very fine, i find a problem to view gas management. In the dives who i use ean 50 or oxygen in deco, the program visualized only ean 21% in the entire dive time.
this is a little problem, you had do a great work.
Thank you

Miika Turkia

Jan 2, 2017, 11:50:17 PM1/2/17
to Subsurface Divelog
Can you send me a sample file or two with gas switches? In the previous one I only saw air being used.

Simone Bergamini

Jan 3, 2017, 6:03:39 PM1/3/17
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Hi, in the previus there are 3 gas switches with nitrox 50 , back gas (21%) and oxygen. Anywhere i send you other 3 log with gas switches.
Thank you
see ya

1.txt
2.txt
3.txt

Miika Turkia

Jan 3, 2017, 11:59:05 PM1/3/17
to Subsurface Divelog
The used gas information is missing from these logs. They only state the following information general information:

DiveMode= OC mode
GF= 5-99
Gas= 0/21

If the manufacture does not include the proper cylinder information and gas switches, I cannot parse them :D

Simone Bergamini

Jan 4, 2017, 8:36:59 AM1/4/17
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Ok no problem. I put inside manually, thanks for all.
Simone

Marc Collin

Oct 10, 2018, 3:34:40 PM10/10/18
to Subsurface Divelog
i cheking to buy this computer... any new about their support?

import dive log file seem ok... but directly from the computer?

Linus Torvalds

Oct 10, 2018, 4:03:05 PM10/10/18
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com, Marc Collin
On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 12:34 PM Marc Collin <marccol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> i cheking to buy this computer... any new about their support?
>
> import dive log file seem ok... but directly from the computer?

Unlikely, unless we get more information about how it works from the
manufacturer (and we'd need sample hardware too).

I checked their website, and it turns out I know the people in Hawaii
who are apparently the US dealers, but I'm pretty sure they use
Shearwater Petrel 2's with the Fischer connector for their dive
computer. I think they do use the AV HUD, though - it looks familiar.

Looking at the manual for that dive computer, it looks like it has a
USB cable, and it uses a USB HID protocol at least for firmware
updating. That probably means that it used some HID protocol for
divelog downloads too, but sadly, while that means that we don't need
any extra OS level drivers, it doesn't really say anything about the
download protocol itself. Those things _can_ be simple to do
(particularly with a vendor that is helpful), but they can be really
quite hard to reverse-engineer too.

So realistically it's a case of "you'd have to reverse engineer the
protocol, or find somebody willing to do so". I have done that for a
couple of dive computers, and Jef Driesen has done it for many more,
but it's a fair amount of work and at least in my case it's very much
about me being personally motivated and having that dive computer
(which obviously isn't the case with the AV1).

In other words: it's not impossible, but it sounds frankly unlikely
unless you want to get involved yourself (or can get the vendor
involved).

Linus