/media missing when trying to import from dive computer

LLorGer

May 13, 2020, 5:32:54 PM5/13/20
to Subsurface Divelog
My setup is:
  • Subsurface 4.9.4
  • Ubuntu 20.04
  • Garmin Descent mk1
I have a problem with finding the dive computer in Ubuntu 20.04
When I plug it in, it shows up perfectly in the OS native filemanager. (in /media/$user/GARMIN
However, whenever I want to import a dive, it fails to show up when browsing in the Subsurface internal filemanager,

This dive computer has always worked great with Subsurface. This problem has appeared only after installing Ubuntu 20.04. I used to use Manjaro with Gnome.
This is a problem because now I can't import my dives.
Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance :)

Adric Norris

May 13, 2020, 5:45:51 PM5/13/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Was subsurface installed from the PPA, or as a snap package? If the latter case, I don't believe it gets access to removable media by default. For example, here's what I see immediately after installing the snap.

$ snap interfaces subsurface
Slot      Plug
:bluez    subsurface
:home     subsurface
:network  subsurface
:opengl   subsurface
:raw-usb  subsurface
:unity7   subsurface
-         subsurface:removable-media

If that's what yours looks like, then I believe that "sudo snap connect subsurface:removable-media" should do what you want.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

LLorGer

May 13, 2020, 6:01:07 PM5/13/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Yes this was the case, and the command solved my problem.
Thank you very much! :)