new PIN request (none received)

Mish

Jun 23, 2019, 11:29:35 AM6/23/19
to Subsurface Divelog
Hi,

Can I please receive the PIN email.  Unfortunately no email was received (I did check spam folder).

Using latest IOS on Ipad, and downloaded PC

Thanks for you help in advance!

Greg Oliphant

Dirk Hohndel

Jun 23, 2019, 4:07:00 PM6/23/19
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
The PIN for this account has been entered - so I find it hard to believe that it wasn't received...

If you would like me to reset the password, please send me an email FROM THAT ACCOUNT to di...@hohndel.org

/D

PS: I'll be traveling in Asia the next two weeks with on and off internet access

Greg Oliphant

Jun 29, 2019, 4:55:12 AM6/29/19
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Okay, silly question, can one only use the pin for one device (i use both iPad and iPhone).

Thx

Sent from my iPad

Dirk Hohndel

Jun 29, 2019, 4:57:22 AM6/29/19
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
The purpose of the PIN is to validate your email address. You are basically proving that you control that account.
Once it was entered on any computer or device, it is no longer needed.

Sometimes the mobile version mistakenly tells you to enter the PIN when in fact you have a typo in your password. I'd suggest you check that.

/D