TTS display on Graphs ?

patrice cabanel

Jun 29, 2022, 5:58:17 AM6/29/22
to Subsurface Divelog
Hello Everyone,

This can be a dum question (sorry if so), but I cannot find the answer nor the correct paramter in subsurface.
I can display Ceilling info on the graph in the information window, but how can I display the TTS ? especially in planner section ;)

Thank you and have a nice day !

Robert Helling

Jun 29, 2022, 8:24:07 AM6/29/22
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Patrice,
there is no graphical representation of the TTS but you can turn it on the info box by clicking on this icon next to the profile display.

Best
Robert
signature.asc

patrice cabanel

Jun 29, 2022, 9:15:44 AM6/29/22
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Hello Robert,

THank you very much !
two more questions :

1) On real dives imported from SW CCR petrel, I can read in the info box "DEco, DEco (Calc) and TTS (calc)" . Any possibilities to have also the TTS given from the SW device ?
2)I have some differences on the calculated TTS between the general view of my list of dives when looking at a planned dive and when I enter into this dive in the planner mode. SOme parameter seems different and increase the general Deco calculus, but cannot find why. I checked into General preferences and my Gfs are the same... Any tips ?

Thank you and have a nice day

Paul Billings

Jun 30, 2022, 2:24:48 PM6/30/22
to Subsurface Divelog
Subsurface computes TTS based on the current gas (wherever your cursor is in the profile graph). Shearwater computes it assuming you will switch to the appropriate deco gas during the ascent. As such, they will differ on a multi-gas dive. For planning purposes, I subtract the "depart bottom" runtime in Subsurface from the total runtime for a more realistic TTS-based ascent indicator (against which the Shearwater computer can be referenced). For best agreement, the planned ascent/descent rates should match the Shearwater assumed values (60 ft/min descent, 30 ft/min ascent).

Paul