Apply GPS fixes hangs subsurface. Also question regarding location in mobile app (How can i had edit an imported dive site?)

Dave B

May 30, 2020, 9:40:39 PM5/30/20
to Subsurface Divelog

  • Which version are you using (hint: look at the About screen)?  3.0.7 (BETA)
  • Which OS are you running? Android 10.x
  • (if applicable) which dive computer are you using?  Petrel 2.
For some reason when trying to apply GPS fixes the app is hanging.  I have to force close it at this point.  I have a dive at 9:19AM and 10.43AM on 5/30.  Looking at my GPS fixes I have fixes during this time.period so I know the data is there to be imported.  Perhaps I'm doing something wrong here.  I would try this on another device but I don't know that I can export my current gps fixes to an xml or other to test this from another device.

As far as my second question, when i try to edit a dive I've downloaded from my computer and edit the location I only have a drop-down w/ dives I've done before, no way to hand type it.  I have to go into subsurface on my windows pc to do that.  Is it possible to do what I'm trying to do?

Dave B

May 30, 2020, 9:54:44 PM5/30/20
to Subsurface Divelog
I wasn't able to edit my post but I did find if I create a location for the dive that i uploaded from my dive computer from subsurface on my windows pc and then go into the android app it will apply fixes properly but not until.  So I guess that brings me to question 2 in my original post.  Can I create a new dive location by hand in the app instead of relying on a dropdown of existing dive sites?

Thanks
Dave

Dirk Hohndel

May 30, 2020, 11:25:56 PM5/30/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Google is currently painfully slow.
Yes, the fix has been published a couple of days ago, but it /still/ hasn't made it into Google Play...

But this should be fixed in the next version (when it finally is pushed out)

/D

Dave B

May 31, 2020, 9:53:13 AM5/31/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Hey Dirk, I see a new update pushed (3.0.7 (4.9.4.144)) but I still can only select a pre-existing dive site for a location.  Is this part of what your latest update was to fix?  Or will I just have to create the location from my pc before applying gps fixes?

Thanks
Dave

Dirk Mayer

Jun 29, 2020, 12:12:56 PM6/29/20
to Subsurface Divelog

I have the same problem withe the mobile version of Android: The app hangs when I try to apply the GPS fixes recorded with the app to a dive downloaded from the dive computer with the windows version of subsurface.

I am using the latest beta version v3.0.9 running on android 10. computer is a suntoo d6

I also hjave another question: how can i delete all recorded GPS fixes ? I have loads of then, also some broken once from a prior bug withe a timestamp of 1/1/1970, which is fixed now.

Dave B

Jun 29, 2020, 12:17:25 PM6/29/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Oddly it started working  on 3.0.9, i don't know if a stable release superseded the beta of 3.0.9 w/o a version change but it's working for me!

Dave

Dirk Mayer

Jun 29, 2020, 12:39:11 PM6/29/20
to Subsurface Divelog
ok thx. After i tried to set a dive site name to the dives and the apllied the GPS fixed via the mobile app it also worked for me .