Sync & Cloud issues

Paul Spaas

Nov 15, 2022, 10:23:25 AM11/15/22
to Subsurface Divelog
Android app, add dives, sync to cloud with no errors.
PC app, what ever I do with the cloud it will not load the new dives, they are not there no matter what I try and while the popup window when loading from cloud does not seem to indicate an error it gives an error at the bottom in the end but, still no new dives loaded.

Dirk Hohndel

Nov 15, 2022, 10:46:50 AM11/15/22
to Subsurface Divelog
There are two parts to the sync:

(a) sync from mobile to cloud
(b) sync from cloud to the PC

To check if (a) is successful, check at the top of the drawer on the left / main menu in the mobile app. Does it say "synced locally" or "synced to the cloud"?

Next, log in with your credentials at https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org and check if the dives are correctly recorded in cloud storage.

Finally, check that you have the correct account entered in the preferences on the PC (spelling of the email address, correct password).

Once we know which of the steps is failing, I can send a few more questions to try and debug / fix this.

/D

On Nov 15, 2022, at 7:23 AM, Paul Spaas <spam...@gmail.com> wrote:

Android app, add dives, sync to cloud with no errors.
PC app, what ever I do with the cloud it will not load the new dives, they are not there no matter what I try and while the popup window when loading from cloud does not seem to indicate an error it gives an error at the bottom in the end but, still no new dives loaded.

JB2Cool

Nov 15, 2022, 10:50:05 AM11/15/22
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
What version of Subsurface are you using and on what platform (I presume Windows but that's an assumption)?

If you log in here (https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org) do you see what you expect to see.

Jason

Paul Spaas

Nov 15, 2022, 11:47:47 AM11/15/22
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Thanks, it is solved, was a PC issue as I could sync between tablet and phone app. The PC version was updated to last version. Uninstalled subsurface and deleted some folders and did clean reinstall which did the trick.
Kind regards, Paul

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Subsurface Divelog" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/subsurface-divelog/C89BA0B0-2AE3-4BC6-918C-643F82BFF740%40hohndel.org.