OSCT 3+ - Dive computer reported events

Toby Reid

Jul 17, 2022, 9:49:03 AM7/17/22
to Subsurface Divelog
Hi,

I have looked through the maunal and read the part about computer reported events. I know it says not all computers record or make the events they show on the screen during the dive accesible.

I'm surprised however that my OSTC 3+ would not do this or would make it inaccessible to Subsurface.

I've done some searching on this group and the Heinrichs Weikamp forum, so I intend to ask in both areas.

Do OSCT's record this information?
Do they make it accesible to dive log software?
Can Subsurface access it?

Is there anything I can request of Heinrichs Weikamp to change to allow this or is there any chance this functionality may appear for OSCT dive computers in Subsurface in the future?

Hopefully I've just made an error in importing my dive computer logs and none of the above even has to be considered, but I just want to know the answers so I don't have to keep fruitlessly trawling diving forums.

Any help or advice would be great!

Thanks Toby

di...@hohndel.org

Jul 17, 2022, 10:56:13 AM7/17/22
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
So which dive computer reported events are you not seeing in Subsurface?

Which version of Subsurface are you using, on which OS?

/D

Toby Reid

Jul 18, 2022, 10:36:00 AM7/18/22
to Subsurface Divelog
Hi Dirk,

Thanks for your reply.

I was expecting to see safety stop notifications which occurred on a couple of my dives and ascent warnings too. However nothing appears on the dive profiles for these dives.

I'm using Subsurface version 5.0.8 on an Asus ZenBook UX53SLI with Windows 11 Pro (Version 21H2) OS running.

The Dive computer is a Heinrichs Weikamp OSTC3+ running hwOStech 3.18 release firmware.

Download has been over a bluetooth connection between the two.

Hopefully this helps? Is there anymore information that would be helpful?

Cheers!

Michael Andreen

Jul 26, 2022, 11:13:00 AM7/26/22
to Subsurface Divelog
Hi Toby,

The OSTC doesn't have safety stop events in the log files, so nothing subsurface and libdivecomputer can do about those. There are what seems to be ascent warnings, that should show up. I haven't been able to trigger those for my logs, but I also have the warning level set to less, which is the default. Not sure if they would be available with warning level set to full.

/Michael