MACBOOK Pro - import issue

Tom Kimmeth

Jan 24, 2020, 4:02:32 PM1/24/20
to Subsurface Divelog
  • I Have a new MacBook Pro. With Catalina 10.15.2 OS. When I go to import from a Uwatec vendor I don’t see the Galileo Luna Dive Computer

Dirk Hohndel

Jan 26, 2020, 6:22:23 PM1/26/20
to Subsurface Divelog
The Galileo Luna is not supported with Subsurface on a Mac.

/D

On Jan 24, 2020, at 1:02 PM, Tom Kimmeth <fltenni...@gmail.com> wrote:

  • I Have a new MacBook Pro. With Catalina 10.15.2 OS. When I go to import from a Uwatec vendor I don’t see the Galileo Luna Dive Computer

Tom Kimmeth

Jan 26, 2020, 9:14:40 PM1/26/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Dirk
Thanks. Ill will go back to Galileo MFG whop sent me here.  Ill CC you so you see the feedback

On Sunday, January 26, 2020, Dirk Hohndel <di...@hohndel.org> wrote:
The Galileo Luna is not supported with Subsurface on a Mac.

/D

On Jan 24, 2020, at 1:02 PM, Tom Kimmeth <fltenni...@gmail.com> wrote:

  • I Have a new MacBook Pro. With Catalina 10.15.2 OS. When I go to import from a Uwatec vendor I don’t see the Galileo Luna Dive Computer

Robert C. Helling

Jan 27, 2020, 3:58:45 AM1/27/20
to Subsurface Divelog

Am Montag, 27. Januar 2020 03:14:40 UTC+1 schrieb Tom Kimmeth:
Dirk
Thanks. Ill will go back to Galileo MFG whop sent me here.  Ill CC you so you see the feedback

Let me expand on Dirk's answer: MacOS (as opposed to windows and Linux) has no operating system support for IRDA, the protocol used for the infrared connection. That is why subsurface cannot handle infrared connections on Macs (it would have to implement the whole IRDA communication stack which is nowhere in sight and in times of more and more dive computers speaking bluetooth not a top priority). You could either use another download software (that goes the way of implementing its own IRDA stack) or run Windows or Linux in a virtual machine.

Best
Robert