Poor printing quality

Fodiator

Apr 16, 2019, 3:38:47 PM4/16/19
to Subsurface Divelog
I'm recently running Subsurface under Kubuntu 18.10 and have realised that the printing quality is extremely poor. No matter which template, or if I print to a 1200dpi laser printer or directly to a pdf file, all fonts and graphics look somehow rendered and blurry with a very poor quality. Is this a bug or was subsurface never ment to produce  state of the art printed logs in a useful quality?

Kind regards

Lubomir I. Ivanov

Apr 20, 2019, 7:40:36 PM4/20/19
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
can you please share a screenshot?
this is what i see (screenshot attached).

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 at 22:38, Fodiator <fodi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm recently running Subsurface under Kubuntu 18.10 and have realised that the printing quality is extremely poor. No matter which template, or if I print to a 1200dpi laser printer or directly to a pdf file, all fonts and graphics look somehow rendered and blurry with a very poor quality. Is this a bug or was subsurface never ment to produce state of the art printed logs in a useful quality?
>
> Kind regards
>
> --
screenshot_print.png

Fodiator

Apr 26, 2019, 1:43:01 PM4/26/19
to Subsurface Divelog
This is the result when directly printing to pdf. Prints to my HP-Lasejet look blurry as well.

log.pdf

Benjamin

Apr 27, 2019, 1:22:38 AM4/27/19
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
I have a similar problem. In the end, I generally take a screenshot and cut out the profile area in order to get a higher quality image.

Benjamin