When you neglect to set your computer up for gas/bottle switch

Sol Chrom

May 28, 2023, 8:47:24 PM5/28/23
to Subsurface Divelog
Some idiot did a stage-bottle workshop this morning and forgot to set up his computer (Shearwater Perdix AI) to anticipate the bottle switches. Also didn't think to record the switches during the dive. Fortunately, he was breathing the same gas in both stage and back gas, and he recorded his opening and closing pressures for both his back gas (2 x LP95) and stage (AL80).

Question: once he gets the dive data into Subsurface (that's not usually a problem, I can just BLE to my iPhone and then upload to the cloud), is there a way for him to reconstruct the dive if he knows approximately when he switched bottles and thus get a reasonably accurate read on his gas consumption?

Michael Andreen

May 29, 2023, 12:52:08 PM5/29/23
to Subsurface Divelog
The average gas consumption for the whole dive should be fine even without recorded gas switches.

In the desktop app you can easily add gas switches by right-clicking on the right spot in the profile though.

/Michael