Aladin Pro Nitrox download

Magnus

Jun 21, 2022, 4:57:37 AM6/21/22
to Subsurface Divelog

Hello,
Has anybody had any success in downloading directly from an old Aladin Pro Nitrox computer?
It works fine with an Aladin Pro but not with the Nitrox version. Of course, there is no Nitrox version in the list either...
Many thanks for advice!
/Magnus

Jef Driesen

Jun 21, 2022, 7:21:53 AM6/21/22
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com, Magnus
On 2022-06-21 10:57, Magnus wrote:
> Has anybody had any success in downloading directly from an old Aladin
> Pro Nitrox computer?
>
> It works fine with an Aladin Pro but not with the Nitrox version. Of
> course, there is no Nitrox version in the list either...

It should work with all models, even models that are not listed. I can
have a look if you send me the log file of the download. Simply enable
both the "Save libdivecomputer logfile" and "Save libdivecomputer
dumpfile" checkboxes in the subsurface download dialog.

Jef

Magnus

Jun 21, 2022, 9:07:44 AM6/21/22
to Subsurface Divelog
Thanks Jef!
I sent you the log files.
Meanwhile I have another hint: The download actually works if you chose another Nitrox computer like the Pro Ultra or the Air Z Nitrox.
You get an error message at the bottom of the main window: "Dive 2: Error parsing the header" (black text over a red band).
I guess that's the device ID being 0xFF and the expected being something else. Perhaps.
On some level this is good enough for me but perhaps adding the Aladin Pro Nitrox to the list would make it cleaner.
Very best,
        /Magnus

Jef Driesen

Jun 21, 2022, 4:26:51 PM6/21/22
On 21/06/2022 15:07, Magnus wrote:
> I sent you the log files.
> Meanwhile I have another hint: The download actually works if you chose another
> Nitrox computer like the Pro Ultra or the Air Z Nitrox.
> You get an error message at the bottom of the main window: "Dive 2: Error
> parsing the header" (black text over a red band).
> I guess that's the device ID being 0xFF and the expected being something else.
> Perhaps.
> On some level this is good enough for me but perhaps adding the Aladin Pro
> Nitrox to the list would make it cleaner.

It doesn't really matter which model you choose. For the Aladins, that
information isn't used at all. The actual model is alwayz auto-detected during
the download. So the fact that it suddenly worked after selecting a different
model is just coincidence.

Based on the log files you send, the download worked fine. The only odd thing is
that the date/time of your two most recent dives appear to be in the future
(based on the clock of your Aladin at the time of the download). That results in
an incorrect date/time. But other than that, the data looks fine:

Did you recently change the battery, upgraded the firmware, adjusted the clock,
or anything else that could explain the strange time change?

The resulting date/time of the dives in nitrox log are:

1956-11-01 11:13:03 <- Wrong
1956-11-01 09:33:15 <- Wrong
2022-05-31 14:24:41
2022-05-31 12:31:48
2022-01-04 14:25:00
2022-01-04 12:22:39
2021-06-16 14:04:48
2021-06-16 12:30:18
2021-06-15 21:27:40
2021-06-15 19:42:24
2021-02-14 17:55:53
2021-02-14 16:06:27
2021-02-14 12:23:02
2021-02-13 21:58:52
2021-02-13 17:48:50
2021-02-13 13:39:46
2021-02-10 14:56:22
2021-02-10 13:07:58
2021-02-10 12:22:25
2019-07-16 13:11:15
2019-06-27 21:01:22
2014-11-19 18:11:20
2014-11-19 16:38:24
2014-05-21 16:53:32
2014-05-21 15:27:32
2014-05-21 14:37:05
2014-04-08 15:16:23
2014-04-08 13:44:47
2014-01-14 17:32:27
2014-01-14 15:54:22
2014-01-14 14:07:29
2013-11-09 14:47:48
2013-08-20 16:17:46
2013-08-20 14:51:47
2013-07-30 19:38:34
2013-07-29 21:50:15
2013-07-29 20:29:08

Are these values correct?

Jef

Magnus

Jun 22, 2022, 8:35:47 AM6/22/22
to Subsurface Divelog
Jef,
Many thanks for this thorough analysis.
Indeed I just changed the battery. The computer has been in a cupboard for a while with flat battery.
The most recent dives are peculiar. With DataTrak they turn onto 2024-11-01 dives. It appears like the date setting is essentially invalid for all dives, however it's unclear to me how to fix that.
This, however, goes beyond the scope of Subsurface issues of course.
Many thanks indeed!
/Magnus

Jef Driesen

Jun 22, 2022, 9:07:25 AM6/22/22
On 22/06/2022 14:35, Magnus wrote:
> Jef,
> Many thanks for this thorough analysis.
> Indeed I just changed the battery. The computer has been in a cupboard for a
> while with flat battery.
> The most recent dives are peculiar. With DataTrak they turn onto 2024-11-01
> dives. It appears like the date setting is essentially invalid for all dives,
> however it's unclear to me how to fix that.
> This, however, goes beyond the scope of Subsurface issues of course.

Those 1956-11-01 dates are caused by a bug in the parser. I simply didn't expect
to ever see timestamps in the future. Are these date/time values correct:

2024-11-19 14:27:10
2024-11-19 12:47:22

Jef

Magnus

Jun 22, 2022, 4:12:54 PM6/22/22
to Subsurface Divelog
It looks right but I'm away now. I can check what's given by the legacy Uwatec program next week.
Regards,
    /Magnus

Magnus

Jun 29, 2022, 4:07:24 AM6/29/22
to Subsurface Divelog

I can confirm that these two dates in the future are correctly interpreted according to datatrak (but wrong in reality of course. Go figure how this happened... Any hint would be helpful).
Many thanks indeed!