Applying GPS Fixes Broken

Matthew Anderson

Jul 10, 2020, 10:42:34 PM7/10/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Am I missing something here?

Android 8.1.0
Subsurface-mobile 3.0.9 (4.9.5.8)

Problem:
Applying GPS fixes to new dives does not work. The date/time of the GPS fixes do not match to any of the date/time of the dive logs.

Reason:
It seems that the GPS service is recording fixes with GMT instead of local time, so applying the fixes fails.

Example:

Dive computer and phone time/date are sync'd (EST)

Start GPS service

    07/10/20 7:33 PM (GMT)

Start Dive

    07/10/20 3:34 PM (EST)

Note- If the GPS service is run at the beginning of a long dive day, it could possibly match up with dives later in the day, but locations would obviously be wrong.

Dirk Hohndel

Jul 11, 2020, 12:23:08 PM7/11/20
to Matthew Anderson, Subsurface Divelog
Known bug.
I'm working on a fix.

/D
--
From my phone

Matthew Anderson

Jul 11, 2020, 12:36:58 PM7/11/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Obviously my search-fu is lacking... Thanks for the response!

Dirk Hohndel

Jul 11, 2020, 5:21:10 PM7/11/20
to Subsurface Divelog
A new beta app (3.0.10) is on its way through Google's approval process.
If you are able to side-load apps on your phone, you can get it directly from here:

/D

Matthew Anderson

Jul 11, 2020, 8:02:04 PM7/11/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Loaded up the beta, gave one of the recent dives a new location name and applied GPS fixes... Bad fix still got applied.

LMK if there is any data I can get you to help.

Dirk Hohndel

Jul 11, 2020, 8:17:53 PM7/11/20
to Matthew Anderson, Subsurface Divelog
Sorry, what was fixed was that new gps fixes are now recorded with the correct time...

I haven't figured out how to fix those that are already stored. :-(

/D

On July 11, 2020 5:02:04 PM PDT, Matthew Anderson <anderson...@gmail.com> wrote:
Loaded up the beta, gave one of the recent dives a new location name and applied GPS fixes... Bad fix still got applied.

LMK if there is any data I can get you to help.

--
From my phone

Matthew Anderson

Jul 11, 2020, 9:40:46 PM7/11/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Ya, just poked around a bit more and found that out.
Can confirm that the new GPS fix recorded with local time. (thanks!)

No worries fixing existing fixes, it's not that hard to go clean up a few dives manually.