Success! and a media question

Danila Mansfield

Mar 10, 2020, 9:23:43 AM3/10/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Thrilled to tell you that I've recreated some old dives from 2018 in a CSV file, uploaded successfully to Subsurface desktop, saved to cloud, syncd to mobile, and they're all there!
Question: I added a photo to one dive, on desktop, but am unable to see a media tab on mobile. Guessing media is not currently supported on mobile.
Thanks so much to everyone for all your detailed and speedy support!

JB2Cool

Mar 10, 2020, 10:57:58 AM3/10/20
to Subsurface Divelog
I believe the media feature just makes a link from the Subsurface dive to the photo stored on your PC, it doesn't embed the photo into the dive or anything so having this synced to another device (like the mobile) would be meaningless as the photo is only accessible on the PC.

JB

Dirk Hohndel

Mar 10, 2020, 11:28:44 AM3/10/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Correct. We have played with the idea of embedding small thumbnails in the stored dive log, and we've played with the idea of allowing links to some picture hosting sites, but in the end, we ended up focusing on making local media work.

/D

Danila Mansfield

Mar 10, 2020, 1:02:41 PM3/10/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
that makes sense. Media is nice, but not a necessity!
Thanks guys!
Danila

---

Read my travel blog: www.notdunroamin.com