Bluelink Puck Pro

Arturo Rivera

Aug 30, 2019, 6:40:13 PM8/30/19
to Subsurface Divelog
I have a Mares Puck Pro with bluelink, but i don't know how to connect it to my iphone because i have to enter the type of connection and I don't know what is it.
Also in my Mac, i can detect the dive computer but when i trie to download the dives i have an error message.

Thank you for your answer.

Linus Torvalds

Aug 30, 2019, 6:47:02 PM8/30/19
to Subsurface Divelog
On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 3:40 PM Arturo Rivera <artr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a Mares Puck Pro with bluelink, but i don't know how to connect it to my iphone because i have to enter the type of connection and I don't know what is it.

It should work as a Bluetooth LE device.

> Also in my Mac, i can detect the dive computer but when i trie to download the dives i have an error message.

The Mares Bluelink think was very fragile wrt timing when I had access
to one for a while. As in *very* fragile. And incredibly slow to
download from unless it hit the timing just right.

Try and try again and it might just work, but I have to say that I had
a fairly bad experience with it.

Linus

Arturo Rivera

Aug 30, 2019, 6:58:22 PM8/30/19
to Subsurface Divelog
I'm sorry to read this about the Mac error, but about the LE options i have a lot to choose in the connection menu so i don't know the option that allow me to connect to my dive computer. Sorry if I can't understund you but i spend all the day trying to connect and there is no way.
Thank you again.

Linus Torvalds

Aug 30, 2019, 7:16:39 PM8/30/19
to Subsurface Divelog

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 3:58 PM Arturo Rivera <artr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm sorry to read this about the Mac error, but about the LE options i have a lot to choose in the connection menu so i don't know the option that allow me to connect to my dive computer.

Oh, it should show up on bluetooth as "Mares bluelink pro" when you scan for it.

I had one (for a short while) with a Mares Quad Air, so not quite the same setup, but the dongle should be exactly the same. And Subsurface might call it a "Mares Quad" when scanning for it exactly because you can't tell what it is based on just BLE data - the dongle is the same for all the Mares BLE stuff.

If you have hundreds of LE devices around and can't seem to find that particular one, try to pair to it first using the system pairing thing. I'm not an iOS user, so I don't know how it looks there.

   Linus

Arturo Rivera

Aug 30, 2019, 7:19:03 PM8/30/19
to Subsurface Divelog
Ok, thank you so much for your answer i will try

Fabio Capriati

Sep 4, 2019, 7:57:44 AM9/4/19
to Subsurface Divelog
Hi Linus,
Last version (4.9.2) on Android doesn't work with bluelink, I downgraded to 4.8.3 to get the download working. I don't know which is exactly between 4.8.3 and 4.9.2 that introduce the failure. I sent you the log on August 14th.

Regards.