Dive Data Import Error

Ervin K

Nov 17, 2023, 10:13:29 PM11/17/23
to Subsurface Divelog
I just had my desktop PC Reformatted and had windows 11 installed, I'm using Subsurface 5.0.10.
when i try to import dives from my Ratio IX3M 2 Pro i get Dive data Import Error.
but when i tried on my older backup computer (Ratio IX3M Easy) it worked. how do i correct this? I even clicked on "force download of all dives" and got the same error.

Jason Bramwell

Nov 18, 2023, 2:56:19 AM11/18/23
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
The one that works IS on this list and the one that doesn’t work IS NOT on this list, I think it’s just a case that the new dive computer is not supported yet.

Please provide the libdivecomputer logs (this is an option when you go to download) and this may add some more information as to what’s happening.

Sent from my iPhone

On 18 Nov 2023, at 03:13, Ervin K <ervi...@gmail.com> wrote:

I just had my desktop PC Reformatted and had windows 11 installed, I'm using Subsurface 5.0.10.
when i try to import dives from my Ratio IX3M 2 Pro i get Dive data Import Error.
but when i tried on my older backup computer (Ratio IX3M Easy) it worked. how do i correct this? I even clicked on "force download of all dives" and got the same error.

Jef Driesen

Nov 18, 2023, 3:18:47 AM11/18/23
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com, Ervin K
There has been a small change in the IX3M2 data format. There is already a fix
in libdivecomputer [1], but it's not yet included in any subsurface release. You
can try to install this custom build instead:

https://libdivecomputer.org/builds/subsurface/subsurface-installer.exe

If you do try this build, can you also enable the "Save libdivecomputer logfile"
and send me the generated log file? That allows me to double check everything is
fine. I only have been able to test on a limited data set so far.

[1]
https://github.com/libdivecomputer/libdivecomputer/commit/e1762fc8bddf9d742387617f87b990729c0e482f

Jef

Ervin K

Nov 18, 2023, 8:45:00 AM11/18/23
to Subsurface Divelog
when i dove a couple months ago it worked with no problems, now i get the error. I will try to figure out how to get the  libdivecomputer logfile and post it.