iPhone - Subsurface-mobile - Predator?

Stuart Vernon

May 22, 2023, 1:00:22 PM5/22/23
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com

I dived my rEvo this weekend. First time for that since I ditched Android and got an iPhone 14 Pro Max.

My rEvo has a Shearwater Predator controller.

In the past, I have always downloaded from the Predator via Bluetooth to Subsurface-mobile on my old Android phone.

When I tried to do that today, the Subsurface-mobile menu of computer types does not even list Predator as an option. It lists Petrels, Perdixes, etc.. But no Predator.

Is there a way to download from my Predator to Subsurface-mobile on my iPhone?

I faffed around a bit and got it to download from the Predator directly to Subsurface, running on my Windows 11 Pro laptop. But, I’d really like to be able to download to my phone, as I have in the past. Like, when I’m still on the boat, coming back in from a dive day.

It’s probably irrelevant, but I have been able to download from my Teric to Subsurface-mobile on my iPhone with no problems.

Thanks.

  • Stuart

Jef Driesen

May 22, 2023, 1:10:15 PM5/22/23
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com, Stuart Vernon
The Predator supports Bluetooth Classic, but not Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE).
Android supports both, but iPhone only BLE. Thus the Predator isn't supported on
iPhone and that's why it's not shown.

The Teric does support BLE and therefore supported on Android and iPhone.

Jef