Reporting - Ubuntu 19.04 - AppImage works fine, installing via apt has issues

Carlos Grohmann

Jun 2, 2019, 9:25:32 AM6/2/19
to Subsurface Divelog
Hello all

Just reporting, I'm running Ubuntu 19.04 on a Dell Laptop (Ubuntu 18.04 came pre-installed) with the system on a SSD and my files on a HD. My divelog file is in a directory inside Dropbox, which is mounted at

/media/guano/HDD/Dropbox/pessoal/dive/divelog/guano_subsurface.ssrf

When running Subsurface via the AppImage file, it works fine and reads the divelog without any issues.

Then I installed Subsurface by adding the PPA and installed with Ubuntu Software (for some reason, apt wouldn't find susburface, but Ubuntu Software did). When running this version, it can't see the HDD mounted on /media, so I can't open it.

Since the AppImage version is working, just posted here to report.

Thanks for the great software.

best

Carlos

Michał Sawicz

Jun 2, 2019, 3:21:12 PM6/2/19
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com, Carlos Grohmann
W dniu 02.06.2019 o 15:25, Carlos Grohmann pisze:
> Then I installed Subsurface by adding the PPA and installed with Ubuntu
> Software (for some reason, apt wouldn't find susburface, but Ubuntu
> Software did). When running this version, it can't see the HDD mounted
> on /media, so I can't open it.

Hi Carlos,

You probably ended up with the snap of Subsurface [1], not the dpkg one.

Due to tight sandboxing, it doesn't currently have access to `/media`
folders.

I've now proposed a change to the snap [2] packaging that will let you
allow subsurface access there.

You can test it by refreshing to the edge/removable-media channel like so:

snap refresh subsurface --channel edge/removable-media

And connecting the interface:

snap connect subsurface:removable-media

[1] https://snapcraft.io/subsurface
[2] https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/pull/2119

Thanks and let me know please if that helps :)
--
Michał (Saviq) Sawicz <mic...@sawicz.net>

signature.asc

Carlos Henrique Grohmann de Carvalho

Jun 3, 2019, 8:36:51 AM6/3/19
to Michał Sawicz, subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Michał

Yes that works! Now I can see all files under /media or /mnt

thanks

--
Prof. Carlos Henrique Grohmann
Institute of Energy and Environment - Univ. of São Paulo, Brazil

http://orcid.org/0000-0001-5073-5572
Can’t stop the signal.