Not receiving cloud PIN

Brian Huff

May 23, 2020, 12:24:21 PM5/23/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Subsurface 4.9.4 on Windows 10 and iOS

I have attempted to create a cloud account in the Windows version, have clicked apply, and am waiting for the email with the PIN.

Not receiving it.

Checked SPAM, not there either.

Dirk Hohndel

May 23, 2020, 12:26:12 PM5/23/20
to Subsurface Divelog
You are the second Gmail user who recently complained about this. Yet I see our server handing the mail off to the Google server, which appears to accept the email.
Very strange.
I'll help "off forum"

/D

Robert C. Helling

May 23, 2020, 12:43:51 PM5/23/20
to Subsurface Divelog

Am Samstag, 23. Mai 2020 18:26:12 UTC+2 schrieb Dirk:
You are the second Gmail user who recently complained about this. Yet I see our server handing the mail off to the Google server, which appears to accept the email.
Very strange.
I'll help "off forum"

Dirk Hohndel

May 23, 2020, 12:53:07 PM5/23/20
to Subsurface Divelog
That's unsurprising for THAT particular address (as it is a dynamic address my ISP keeps rotating every few days). This is the uneasy balance that I'm striking between really cheap gigabit bandwidth on which our servers sit, vs cost out of my pocket...

But that is NOT the server that sends out the email. At least it shouldn't be. Those should go out via a different system (and out of paranoia I won't post here which one it is).
I just double checked THAT system and it shows "all green" on mxtoolbox

/D