Insertion point jumps around in notes field

Jaspal Sahota

Oct 19, 2019, 6:33:02 AM10/19/19
to Subsurface Divelog
While editing notes in a newly downloaded dive I’m finding the cursor jumps around making it quite hard to edit.
In the screenshot I was just typing swimthrough but after the t the weird highlighting effect occurred. Typing anything further puts the text up by the ‘upper’ highlighted area.

Frequency of it happening seems to be random but happens often. Last time it happened I counted 30 characters typed before it did this highlighting/jumping cursor thing again.

Screenshot: https://share.icloud.com/photos/0qSlU73EZagKU5P_lovio7Y8A

iOS 13.1
iPhone XS Max

Dirk Hohndel

Oct 19, 2019, 6:39:53 AM10/19/19
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
I have never tried Subsurface-mobile on an iPhone XS Max. I don't think
that's what's causing the issue, though.

I am traveling and didn't bring any of my iOS devices, so I can't try to
reproduce this / work on it right now, but I will take a look when I'm
back from this dive trip.

/D

Robert C. Helling

Oct 19, 2019, 7:07:57 AM10/19/19
to Subsurface Divelog
I see similar things on my iPhone 8, iOS 13.1: when typing, at some point the current word is highlighted (but for me just that). Maybe some wired interaction with iOS 13, since there the whole cursor movement/selection business was revamped.