Change in Screen Usage for Android Version

divinh

Dec 6, 2020, 9:30:23 PM12/6/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Subsurface-mobile Android
Version 3.1.0(4.9.10.26)

I'm registered for betas.

There seems to be a change in the way the screen is utilized in the latest version of mobile. I'm using a Dell Venue 8 7840 tablet running Android 5.1. At some point, when Subsurface-mobile allowed for split screens, I was pleasantly surprised when I could see the Dive List in one column and the Dive info in another. When I rotated the tablet to landscape mode, the columns filled the whole screen and Dive info was zoomed in for better viewing, mainly due to the larger width.

The latest version of Subsurface-mobile seems to limit landscape mode to only utilize the same screen width as when the tablet is in portrait mode. (see screen grabs of portrait and landscape modes)

Screenshot_2020-12-06-17-41-31.png
Screenshot_2020-12-06-17-41-03.png