Petrel 2 Connection Problem

Nicklebon

Apr 13, 2020, 3:40:43 PM4/13/20
to Subsurface Divelog

Subsurface mobile version = 3.0.3(4.93.1328)
IOS Version 13.4.1 iPhone 7
Shearwater Petrel 2 v72

I cannot connect to my Petrel 2 from Subsurface Mobile. I have tried having the Petrel in BT mode before starting SSM and after. The result is the same. There is never a connection to choose. The same phone/computer pair connects and downloads just fine to Shearwater Cloud so I know there is not a hardware issue between the two. I have deleted and reinstalled SSM multiple times with the same result. SSM simple does not see the Petrel 2 at all. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Dirk Hohndel

Apr 13, 2020, 4:05:27 PM4/13/20
to Subsurface Divelog
This is a known issue with Subsurface-mobile 3.0.3 on iOS which will be fixed in Subsurface-mobile-3.0.4 which is right now in final testing.

If you would like to test that version, you can do so by joining our beta program: https://testflight.apple.com/join/k2OGhIS5

/D

Nicklebon

Apr 14, 2020, 11:49:51 AM4/14/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Thanks for the quick reply! Thanks for the beta offer but, I am content to wait for the time being. I'm guessing this bug is specific to Petrel? I had no issues with my Perdix AI on a different iPhone. Same code versions all around.

Dirk Hohndel

Apr 14, 2020, 12:51:20 PM4/14/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Correct. This is an issue that ONLY affects the Petrel 2 and ONLY on
iOS. The fix has been confirmed via the 3.0.4 beta which should be
released to production "soon" (Apple's review turnaround time has been
extremely variable lately due to COVID19 - it might happen today, it
might take longer)

/D