Some dive computers in AppImage only?

Thomas Schröder

May 25, 2020, 5:12:26 AM5/25/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Hello everyone,

First of all: having Subsurface as an open source divelog working with Linux is just great!

I dive with a Galileo Luna dive computer and that got me stuck after Linux removed IRDA support from its kernel. But then I found https://github.com/cschramm/irda and all was good again.

When I recently installed subsurface from the apt repos, I realized that (while anything else seems identically to the AppImage-Version) there are some dive computers missing - and my Galileo Luna was one of them.

I just wonder if this is because it is assumed that there is no IRDA support in Linux anyway or is there another reason?

If not - it would be great to have the full list available in the repo version too.

Best regards
Thomas

PS: Just in case it might help others - the following script brings back my mcs7780-IRDA-device and I can sync my dive computer as before:

#!/bin/bash
sudo modprobe irda
sudo modprobe mcs7780
sudo modprobe ircomm-tty
sudo service irda-utils start
sudo irattach irda0 -s

Jef Driesen

May 25, 2020, 5:32:08 AM5/25/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
On 25/05/2020 11:12, 'Thomas Schröder' via Subsurface Divelog wrote:
> I dive with a Galileo Luna dive computer and that got me stuck after Linux
> removed IRDA support from its kernel. But then I found
> https://github.com/cschramm/irda and all was good again.
>
> When I recently installed subsurface from the apt repos, I realized that (while
> anything else seems identically to the AppImage-Version) there are some dive
> computers missing - and my Galileo Luna was one of them.
>
> I just wonder if this is because it is assumed that there is no IRDA support in
> Linux anyway or is there another reason?

IrDA support in libdivecomputer is detected at compile time, by checking for the
presence of the linux/irda.h header file. Thus when building on a system without
IrDA support, the IrDA code will not be enabled. Deploying on a system with IrDA
support will not change that.

> If not - it would be great to have the full list available in the repo version too.

The only solution is to build on a system with the IrDA headers present.

Jef

Vent de Plage

May 25, 2020, 5:56:30 AM5/25/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have update mobile (android on my OnePlus 5) app and linux software
few days ago. Then I can't sync my new dives. I connect my dive computer
on my mobile to download dives. It's OK. But when I want to sync them,
no error message on mobile app, but the new dives don't be uploaded to
cloud. I have looked in the cloud directly.
What is the probleme with new version of mobile app ? I try with lastest
version (3.0.6 (4.9.4.103)) of this app and it's the same problem.

Thanks in advance for all
JC

Dirk Hohndel

May 25, 2020, 11:15:15 AM5/25/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
I had server problems yesterday. Thought I had them fixed before going to bed, but turned out I was wrong.
Please try again, things should be up and running again.

/D

Vent de Plage

May 25, 2020, 11:21:01 AM5/25/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com