Visibility Text Field

Robert G

Jul 19, 2022, 10:01:10 AM7/19/22
to Subsurface Divelog
I apologize if this has been suggested in the past.  It would be great if there was a text field next to the visibility "Stars" where you can enter the exact visibility in Ft or M.

Thanks!

Rob

Gmail im Auftrag von Martin Gröger

Jul 19, 2022, 10:28:25 AM7/19/22
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
yep - would be very nice. the "star-rating" is also not very good if you want to print that page....

keep on howling

grey

JB2Cool

Jul 19, 2022, 11:08:33 AM7/19/22
to Subsurface Divelog
What's wrong with the notes field?

I typically use both. For me 3 stars (middle) is that the visibility is as i would typically expect it, 2 or 4 stars (one each side from the middle) to me means the visibility is a bit better or a bit worse than expected and i reserve 1 star or 5 stars for when it's exceptionally good or bad. I use the notes field to write a notional visibility in distance.

Jason

Gmail im Auftrag von Martin Gröger

Jul 19, 2022, 11:56:24 AM7/19/22
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
hm...

'cause when there is a field for "visibility" and I can give it a position in a printing template why stuffing all info in the "notes" field?
in that case I could put all info in the notes and delete all other data fields which leads to chaotic view of the logbook. not my case....

keep on howling

grey