bluelink pro and Mares Quad Air on iOS app not functioning

fetzy...@gmail.com

May 3, 2023, 5:00:51 AM5/3/23
to Subsurface Divelog
Good morning everyone and thanks as always for the support and quality of the app. I read from previous conversations how the Mares Bluelink interface is unpleasant and malfunctions. Unfortunately I can no longer download the dives from Mares Quad Air on the iOS app. Sometimes it reads the computer serial but goes no further. Can you help me? can I help you? Thanks in advance

Federico

fetzy...@gmail.com

May 3, 2023, 5:03:35 AM5/3/23
to Subsurface Divelog
I forgot to specify that, on macbook, the bluelink just doesn't work. The bluelink is quite expensive,  it's frustrating!

Jason Bramwell

May 3, 2023, 5:17:37 AM5/3/23
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Does it work properly with the official Mares software?

Jason

Sent from my iPhone

Il giorno mercoledì 3 maggio 2023 alle 11:00:51 UTC+2 fetzy...@gmail.com ha scritto:
Good morning everyone and thanks as always for the support and quality of the app. I read from previous conversations how the Mares Bluelink interface is unpleasant and malfunctions. Unfortunately I can no longer download the dives from Mares Quad Air on the iOS app. Sometimes it reads the computer serial but goes no further. Can you help me? can I help you? Thanks in advance

Federico

fetzy...@gmail.com

May 17, 2023, 3:35:36 AM5/17/23
to Subsurface Divelog
Yes, it works only with the Mares app! Not even a 5% good than subsurface

Thanks

Linus Torvalds

May 17, 2023, 3:14:23 PM5/17/23
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, May 17, 2023 at 12:35 AM fetzy...@gmail.com
<fetzy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, it works only with the Mares app!

I never figured the bluelink issues out. I did BLE packet traces, and
as far as I can tell, our BLE stack did *exactly* the same thing that
the Mares app did, yet bluelink has always been extremely flaky for
us.

It might be some timing pattern, or it might just be something I
missed in the packet traces. But I'm afraid I just gave up on it.

I did have it working at one point with a loaner Mares that I was
playing with, but even then it was quite flaky and *very* slow. And we
have several reports of it not working at all. But it also *has*
occasionally worked for some people, although I think it's always been
that flaky and slow kind.

I do not believe it is likely to get fixed unless a miracle happens,

Linus