New Ratio iX3M2

Peter Hausmann

Jul 12, 2022, 5:14:20 AMJul 12
to Subsurface Divelog
Can you tell me  when is it will be possible to download Data from this Computer?

Jason Bramwell

Jul 12, 2022, 6:26:40 AMJul 12
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
The iX3M in Pro, GPS and 2021 form all appear to be supported (https://subsurface.github.io/SupportedDivecomputers/) so it may “just work”, we would really need someone to try this though and see what does/doesn’t work before we can take this forward.

Jason

Sent from my iPhone

On 12 Jul 2022, at 10:14, Peter Hausmann <p.hau...@magicfactory.nrw> wrote:

Can you tell me  when is it will be possible to download Data from this Computer?

p.hau...@magicfactory.nrw

Jul 12, 2022, 7:54:19 AMJul 12
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com

But it is Ix3M 2 so it is brandnew on Market i check this with the older Models but i didnt work

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Peter Hausmann

Magicdiving

www.magicdiving.nrw

Zur Langen Brücke 3

42329  Wuppertal

0202/4086275

image001.jpg
image002.png
Peter Hausmann.vcf

JB2Cool

Jul 12, 2022, 8:16:36 AMJul 12
to Subsurface Divelog
Yes, this is brand new to market but often new dive computers are just updated variants of older models so it's worth checking if a previous model would work as-is, this wasn't clear whether or not you had tried this in the original post but you have clarified that now.

Jason

p.hau...@magicfactory.nrw

Jul 12, 2022, 8:22:34 AMJul 12
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com

Yes i have checket mit all Ratio Modellös in the List.

But it is not Possible to connekt.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Peter Hausmann

Magicdiving

www.magicdiving.nrw

Zur Langen Brücke 3

42329  Wuppertal

0202/4086275

image001.jpg
image002.png
Peter Hausmann.vcf

Jef Driesen

Jul 12, 2022, 9:48:26 AMJul 12
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com, p.hau...@magicfactory.nrw
I already asked Ratio for info on the new models. So if there is a change in the protocol I'll know soon.

In the meantime, can you try again with the save libdivecomputer logfile checkbox enabled. When done send me the log file, so I can have a look.

p.hau...@magicfactory.nrw

Jul 12, 2022, 1:12:24 PMJul 12
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com

I hope this is right.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Peter Hausmann

Magicdiving

www.magicdiving.nrw

Zur Langen Brücke 3

42329  Wuppertal

0202/4086275

image001.jpg
image002.png
Peter Hausmann2.vcf
subsurface.log

Jef Driesen

Jul 13, 2022, 4:48:18 PMJul 13
On 12/07/2022 19:12, p.hau...@magicfactory.nrw wrote:
> I hope this is right.

Yes, and the log file tells me two things: First, you get no response at all
from the dive computer. Second, you used the serial port COM1, which is most
likely not the correct one. Most PC's still have serial ports that are just not
externally exposed. So USB-serial devices are typically assigned a higher
number, often starting at COM3. If you don't have such ports, then the problem
might be that you don't have the driver installed, and thus the usb-serial chip
isn't recognized. Ratio uses an FTDI usb-serial chip. Normally windows detect it
automatically and will offer to install the driver. If not, it is included in
the Ratio application.

Jef

p.hau...@magicfactory.nrw

Jul 14, 2022, 5:52:29 AMJul 14
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Yes you are right.
With Com 11 it works. but my bigger problem was downloading it with my cell phone. I can't get a connection via bluetooth. Is there already a solution for this?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Peter Hausmann

Magicdiving
www.magicdiving.nrw
Zur Langen Brücke 3
42329 Wuppertal
0202/4086275

Jul 14, 2022, 7:07:12 AMJul 14
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com, p.hau...@magicfactory.nrw
Can you send me a log of the successful download with the "Save libdivecomputer
logfile" checkbox enabled. That would already give me some info on the new model.

Which smartphone? iOS or Android? If I remember correctly, the previous ix3m
models only supported bluetooth classic (rfcomm), which is not supported on iOS
(only Bluetooth Low Energy). Newer models might support BLE too. I'm not really
sure about that.

p.hau...@magicfactory.nrw

Jul 15, 2022, 3:58:22 AMJul 15
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
The Telefon is a Samsung S 22 Ultra
The Old Computer IX3M GPS was possible to Download.
Thank you fort he Help.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Peter Hausmann

Magicdiving
www.magicdiving.nrw
Zur Langen Brücke 3
42329 Wuppertal
0202/4086275

Jul 15, 2022, 6:11:49 AMJul 15
to Subsurface Divelog
just FYI I also have the new iX3M2 and I was able to download dives easily to my phone using bluetooth. I selected one of the older GPS models and it worked very well.

Hopefully in the next subsurface version the correct model can be chosen so that the correct model is shown in my dive log, but other than it it worked very well.

If it's of any use I downloaded some dives using their software and can share the XML file

Regards,

Alex

p.hau...@magicfactory.nrw

Jul 15, 2022, 8:17:27 AMJul 15
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com

This is waht i find in the Settings here is not working also with some othe old Models.

Please tell me the way to download.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Peter Hausmann

Magicdiving

www.magicdiving.nrw

Zur Langen Brücke 3

42329  Wuppertal

0202/4086275

image001.jpg
image002.png
Peter Hausmann.vcf
Screenshot_20220715-141223_Subsurface-mobile.jpg
Screenshot_20220715-135425_Settings.jpg
Screenshot_20220715-135623_Subsurface-mobile.jpg

Alex

Jul 15, 2022, 1:51:48 PMJul 15
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Ok I remember now I also had the same issue where I couldn't connect.
See my current settings.

What i had to do is actually pair my phone with the computer first. It asked me for a pin code and none of the usual pin codes worked until tried the serial number of the computer.

Once my computer was paired to my phone ok I was able to download dives without an issue. Think it timed out once maybe but it worked fine after that.

Let me know if pairing it in your phone settings first works for you.

Regards,

Alex

Screenshot_20220715-184824.png

Jef Driesen

Jul 15, 2022, 1:57:12 PMJul 15
On 15/07/2022 14:17, p.hau...@magicfactory.nrw wrote:
> This is waht i find in the Settings here is not working also with some othe old
> Models.
>
> Please tell me the way to download.

You have a few devices with no name and only an address (e.g. DE:25:E4:49:C1:31
and D8:F8:C3:7B:EF:D3). It's possible that one of those is your ix3m and for
some reason the bluetooth device name isn't available. You could try selecting
one of those.

Jef

Jef Driesen

Jul 15, 2022, 1:57:37 PMJul 15
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com, Alex B
On 15/07/2022 12:11, Alex B wrote:
> just FYI I also have the new iX3M2 and I was able to download dives easily to my
> phone using bluetooth. I selected one of the older GPS models and it worked very
> well.
>
> Hopefully in the next subsurface version the correct model can be chosen so that
> the correct model is shown in my dive log, but other than it it worked very well.
>
> If it's of any use I downloaded some dives using their software and can share
> the XML file

What can help me is sending a log file of a successful download with the "Save
libdivecomputer
logfile" checkbox enabled. That would already give me some info on the new model.

Jef

Alex

Jul 15, 2022, 2:08:57 PMJul 15
to Jef Driesen, subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Do you mean the xml file of the dive or a copy of the outputs in the app?
I've never saved those logs before. Should I also enable a verbose mode or something like that?

Regards,

Alex

Jef Driesen

Jul 16, 2022, 9:00:34 AMJul 16
to Alex, subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
On 15/07/2022 20:08, Alex wrote:
> Do you mean the xml file of the dive or a copy of the outputs in the app?
> I've never saved those logs before. Should I also enable a verbose mode or
> something like that?

In the mobile version there is no "Save libdivecomputer logfile" checkbox. The
log is always enabled. Just download the dives, and afterwards go to the main
menu and choose Help -> About, and in that screen click the "Copy logs to
clipboard" button. Paste the logs into an email or text file and send it.

Jef

p.hau...@magicfactory.nrw

Jul 18, 2022, 7:00:19 AMJul 18
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com

Hello Alex, I tried it again. It works with the settings from the photo and with the settings I made on my screen shot. Thank you again for your help, I hope that the correct settings for Sub surface will be available soon.

And also the Bluetooth connection must be with teh Pin. The Pin ist he Serial Nr. from the Computer

image002.png
Peter Hausmann.vcf
Screenshot_20220718-102537_Subsurface-mobile.jpg