Subsurface doesn't remember preferences

Tim Nugent

May 24, 2019, 6:47:50 AM5/24/19
to Subsurface Divelog
Using v4.8.6 on Ubuntu 18.04

Subsurface doesn't seem to remember my preferences, in particular my cloud storage credentials under network (I click Apply, Save and Save Password Locally). On next startup these fields are always blank. Similarly, the pop up asking about automatic updates and the user survey is always there too, even if I click decline to the previous and have already submitted the survey.

Any tips appreciated,

Thanks
Tim

JB2Cool

May 24, 2019, 6:58:17 AM5/24/19
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
In case it makes a difference, how did you install the program? via the ppa or Appimage

Tim Nugent

Miika Turkia

May 24, 2019, 7:32:33 AM5/24/19
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
my guess is incorrect permissions on the config file. It is probably under .config in your home directory. I just cannot verify the exact file location. (on phone)

Tim Nugent

May 24, 2019, 7:39:28 AM5/24/19
to Subsurface Divelog
Ah good guess - it was one of: