Teric Dual Transmitter Support

James Riley

Apr 14, 2020, 12:48:59 AM4/14/20
to Subsurface Divelog
I do a decent bit of Tec diving with my Teric and love it. For a variety of reasons, my Tec diving is done in Sidemount with my left tank being registered with my Teric as "T1" and my right tank being registered with my Teric as "T2". (I use the separate grey and yellow Shearwater transmitters.) On top of this, I'm usually also carrying either 100% O2 (Entered in the Teric as 99%) or 50% O2 or both for deco. I'm running into a few issues.

The first is that the pressure readings from T2 aren't showing on the dive graph and aren't being considered when calculating things such as SAC. The graph and calculations look at the information from T1 but not T2.

The second is possibly tied to this. On a Tec dive, let's say that T1 and T2 are both Air, 21% O2/79% N2. Let's say I'm also carrying a tank of 99% O2 for deco that has no transmitter. The issue is that, when the Teric is downloaded into Subsurface, T1's pressures are assumed to be for an Air tank...so far, so good. However, T2's pressures are assumed to be from a tank of 99% O2. The software misses the fact that T2 was attached to another Air tank and that the 99% O2 didn't have a transmitter. I can manually fix this in the Equipment>Cylinders section by telling Subsurface that the 2nd tank is actually Air then adding another tank for the 99% O2 but that still doesn't fix the first issue where T2's pressures aren't being shown or calculated in SAC.

I'm guessing Subsurface is pulling the different pressure readings of both T1 and T2 throughout the dive as it knows the start and end pressures...it just isn't bringing the T2 pressure data forward onto the dive graph. Any thoughts on how to do this?

Jef Driesen

Apr 14, 2020, 5:15:47 AM4/14/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com, James Riley
This is a bug (or better an incorrect assumption) in the algorithm subsurface
uses to link the transmitters to the gas mixes. See this discussion for some
more background info:

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/subsurface-divelog/62f2c2e1a28982b86e43febbbd58705e%40libdivecomputer.org

Jef