How to log Surface Supplied dives and Mixed Gas Rebreather Dives

Stephen Reimers

May 9, 2023, 3:43:59 AM5/9/23
to Subsurface Divelog
Anyone out there logging surface-supplied air dives, surface-supplied mixed gas dives, or closed circuit rebreather dives? I'm wondering how to log these, since none have what we'd consider a "dive cylinder". Is there any way to add additional modes to the "Dive mode" on the Information tab for the dive?

Robert C. Helling

May 9, 2023, 5:32:44 AM5/9/23
to Subsurface Divelog
You can set the dive mode to CCR and, if you wish to, log your O2 and diluent cylinders (Subsurface will assume that you drain them at a constant and not depth dependent rate). Surface supplied diving did not occur so far. Am I right to assume that for those you have no information about how much gas you used? I would just add a cylinder with name "Atmosphere" and simply leave the start and end pressure fields empty. What is the information you are thinking about logging in that case?

JB2Cool

May 9, 2023, 5:51:43 AM5/9/23
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Robert,
That's what i did when i did some surface supplied dives, i called my cylinder 'Surface supply' but effectively the same thing.

Jason

Stephen Reimers

May 9, 2023, 8:49:27 PM5/9/23
to Subsurface Divelog
Robert, for the mixed gas CCR, that will work. I wasn't sure if I could relabel the cylinder to something without a number in it, but I guess I can, so calling it SSDS would work fine.

Stephen Reimers

May 9, 2023, 8:50:39 PM5/9/23
to Subsurface Divelog
Jason, I agree, this will work. Thanks for your comment.