4.9.6 is missing from your openSUSE/Fedora repos

Dmitry Burstein

Jul 7, 2020, 4:50:46 PM7/7/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Well, I guess the title explains it all.

Dirk Hohndel

Jul 7, 2020, 5:17:51 PM7/7/20
to Subsurface Divelog
4.9.6 really doesn't make any difference on SUSE or Fedora (compared to 4.9.5)... but admittedly it should be there.
I'll try to figure out what happened.

/D

Dirk Hohndel

Jul 7, 2020, 6:03:17 PM7/7/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Fixed -- 4.9.6 is there now

Thanks for the report!

/D

Dmitry Burstein

Jul 7, 2020, 6:34:41 PM7/7/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Great, thanks a lot for such a fast response!

BTW, 4.9.5 wasn't there either, so I guess the problem is not so recent.
The dependency issue I reported earlier is still a problem, but the workaround still works. Could the two problems be connected?

Another (new) thing is that the map widget doesn't work in the new version. Neither in "all" nor in the "map" views. Only the +/- and the hamburger menu are shown there, but not the map itself. Running from command line gives the following:
QSocketNotifier: Can only be used with threads started with QThread
qrc:/qml/MapWidget.qml:24: Error: Cannot assign [undefined] to QDeclarativeGeoMapType*

Dmitry Burstein

Aug 19, 2020, 1:12:26 PM8/19/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Happy to inform that subsurface-4.9.6-4.1.x86_64 was updated by dnf without any problems. Moreover, the map widget is working again. Kudos!

Dirk Hohndel

Aug 19, 2020, 2:05:16 PM8/19/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Sorry it took so long. Too many other things dragging me in different directions (most of them not Subsurface related).
This is, after all, just a hobby project :-)

But yeah, I have tested the latest build on a hand full of distros and it seems to work (fingers crossed)

/D