no builds for Ubuntu 24.04 in subsurface-daily PPA

Adric Norris

Jun 5, 2024, 9:36:06 AMJun 5
to Subsurface Divelog
After updating my notebook from Ubuntu 23.10 to 22.04 last night, I noticed that the subsurface-daily PPA doesn't contain any packages for that release. With "apt update" reporting:

Err:10 https://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/subsurface/subsurface-daily/ubuntu noble Release
  404  Not Found [IP: 185.125.190.80 443]
Reading package lists... Done
E: The repository 'https://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/subsurface/subsurface-daily/ubuntu noble Release' does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.

Not a big deal, as I can always use the AppImage or snap variants instead. But it seemed worth mentioning, just in case the automated builds are simply failing for some reason.

Thanx for all your work in making Subsurface available!

--
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Adric Norris

Jun 6, 2024, 9:32:26 AMJun 6
to Subsurface Divelog
Looks like subsurface-daily has a package available for Ubuntu 24.04 now. 😀

Dirk Hohndel

Jun 6, 2024, 9:55:44 AMJun 6
to Adric Norris, Subsurface Divelog
Yeah, I added that yesterday.