Map not showing on Android phone

Riaan Marx

Dec 25, 2020, 7:16:54 AM12/25/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Hi everyone. I installed Subsurface v 3.1.1 on my Android phone. I am able to sync dives, so the internet connection is good. But the maps refuse to show at all. Has someone else experienced/seen/manage to fix this issue?

Regards
Riaan

Riaan Marx

Dec 25, 2020, 9:36:54 AM12/25/20
to Subsurface Divelog
...to clarify,
The controls (buttons) on the maps page (zoom, context menu, main menu and satellite view) are displayed, but the map itself is not showing - it is just a blank white background.

Jason Bramwell

Dec 25, 2020, 9:42:08 AM12/25/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
What phone are you using? What Android version? Might need a bit more info.

Jb

Sent from my iPhone

Dirk Hohndel

Dec 25, 2020, 12:21:35 PM12/25/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com, Jason Bramwell
Known bug in 3.1.1
Fixed in the latest update

/D
--
Sent from my phone

Riaan Marx

Dec 26, 2020, 12:31:17 AM12/26/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Hi Jb,
Samsung Galaxy S7
Android version 8.0.0
 - I notice there is an update pending for it, so I just started the update download now. I will let you know weather the problem persists after installation.
Regards,
Riaan

Riaan Marx

Dec 26, 2020, 12:35:26 AM12/26/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Hi Dirk,
As mentioned, I am updating the Android, but after that I will check the Subsurface Mobile app for updates. I only installed it 2 days ago from the Google play store but I have not checked since for updates there. Should I use another method to install in order to obtain the latest update you mention?

Kind regards,
Riaan

Riaan Marx

Dec 26, 2020, 12:50:55 AM12/26/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Hi again Dirk.
I just managed to update the application through the Google Play store and the problem is indeed fixed!
Thank you very much!

Kind regards,
Riaan