Fedora 31 / Subsurface 4.9.3 / Suunto Vyper Novo

Andryo M

Feb 7, 2020, 3:59:40 AM2/7/20
to Subsurface Divelog

Hi all,

I'm trying to import dives from my Suunto Vyper Novo and I'm having some trouble. When I try import the dives I get 'Unsupported Operation'.

I'm running:
  • Fedora 30
  • Subsurface 4.9.3

The console reveals the following error:

[0.000063] ERROR: Permission denied (13) [in serial_posix.c:295 (dc_serial_open)]

Thanks in advance all!

Andryo

Andryo M

Feb 7, 2020, 4:15:43 AM2/7/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Alrighty - I figured it out.

This was a rather niche case (probably), I have a modem in my laptop which was interfering with permissions.

I had to add my user to the 'dialout' group to run.

JB2Cool

Feb 7, 2020, 5:19:43 AM2/7/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Andryo,
Well done for figuring this out yourself. This is detailed in the manual (https://subsurface-divelog.org/documentation/subsurface-4-user-manual/) in section 17.2 but it is a little buried.

It's not so much a niche case, I believe this affects anyone using Unix-like operating systems.

Regards
Jason

Andryo M

Feb 7, 2020, 5:48:08 AM2/7/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
I stand corrected, thanks for linking that. I had missed that article.