Subsurface 5.0 has been released

Dirk Hohndel

Mar 25, 2021, 11:11:06 AM3/25/21
to Subsurface Divelog

The Subsurface development team proudly announces the release 5.0 of Subsurface, an open source dive log and dive planning program for Windows, Mac and Linux.

This release brings a complete rewrite of statistics code with many new features and powerful visual statistics for your diving. It allows analysis of various variables against each other and provides standard bar charts, histograms, pie charts, and also scatter plots with regression line calculation.

This version also fixes a few bugs in 4.9.10.

Changes in Subsurface 5.0:

new features:
  • complete rewrite of the statistics code, significantly expanding capabilities

  • add preferences option to disable default cylinder types

  • planner: allow automatic setpoint changes at specified depths in CCR mode

  • add Mares Horizon support

  • add Sherwood Sage support

  • add support for Ratio 2021 models

bugfixes:
  • make selection of multiple dives reasonable fast

  • take into account PSCR pO2 drop when computing CNS and OTU

  • fix OTU and CNS calculations for CCR dives at shallow depths

  • undo: save to git after editing weights

  • undo: reset dive-mode on undo of set-point addition

Please check our Download page for details about how to get the latest release.
Currently, we do not have a version for macOS 10.12 - we are trying to fix that.

Danila Mansfield

Mar 25, 2021, 12:43:36 PM3/25/21
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dirk,
thank you so much for doing this work!
and, I'm still getting the "error opening file" unable to install this.
Thanks!
Danila

---

Read my travel blog: www.notdunroamin.com

Dirk Hohndel

Mar 25, 2021, 12:50:21 PM3/25/21
to Subsurface Divelog

> On Mar 25, 2021, at 9:43 AM, Danila Mansfield wrote:
>
> Hi Dirk,
> thank you so much for doing this work!
> and, I'm still getting the "error opening file" unable to install this.

Can you share some more info on that? Is this a virus checker, the OS itself?
Can you share a screenshot?
The Windows installer is actually signed and should identify that it was created by me...

/D

Stuart Vernon

Mar 25, 2021, 1:01:29 PM3/25/21
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com

Thanks, Dirk! The Windows x64 version installed, no problem, for me. Seems to work just fine.

JB2Cool

Mar 25, 2021, 1:03:00 PM3/25/21
to Subsurface Divelog
Windows install (typical 64bit) just done here and this worked just fine.

Danila, if you want me to call you or do some kind of screen-share i'm happy to do so, this should be very straight forward but for some reason something is getting in your way.

Jason

Danila Mansfield

Mar 25, 2021, 1:08:49 PM3/25/21
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
yes sorry, I should have screenshot. So yes it does identify you, then I get an error. Tried a few times.

---

Read my travel blog: www.notdunroamin.com

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 at 16:50, Dirk Hohndel <di...@hohndel.org> wrote:
subs2.jpg
subs 1.jpg

cyberdiam...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2021, 8:48:48 AM3/26/21
to Subsurface Divelog
Close subsurface first before running the new installer.

Danila Mansfield

Mar 26, 2021, 9:22:31 AM3/26/21
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
TOO SIMPLE!!!! thank you SO much, how did I not know that?!
worked perfectly!
cheers, Danila

---

Read my travel blog: www.notdunroamin.com

Dirk Hohndel

Mar 31, 2021, 3:33:10 PM3/31/21
to Subsurface Divelog
5.0.1 is out.
This addresses the Windows crash when changing dive logs and the issues with incorrectly colored tank pressure lines in the profile.

/D