Subsurface fails download from Uwatec Galileo Sol

Casper O

Jul 28, 2020, 7:39:09 AM7/28/20
to Subsurface Divelog
When posting questions you can help us answer you more quickly if you make sure you include some basic information:
  • Which version are you using (hint: look at the About screen)?
    Subsurface 4.9.6
  • Which OS are you running?
    Windows 8
  • (if applicable) which dive computer are you using?
    Galileo Sol
I have just bought a used Galileo Sol, and I have used Subsurface for my Suunto Zoop so I wanted to keep using Subsurface also now since i like the system. Sadly it fails when i want to import Data, i have tried with SmartTRAK (also used for change personal contact info) and it works without issues downloading the dives from it there.

subsurface.log

Willem Ferguson

Jul 28, 2020, 8:13:13 AM7/28/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com

The Galileo Sol uses infra red technology for file upload as opposed to the Zoop that uses a wired USB upload. As far as I am aware Win8 still has IrDA support (Win 10 dropped infra red support but later updates were written that fixes that problem). For Win infra red drivers still need to be installed. Dive upload is unlikely to work out-of-the-box. Look in the user manual for more detailed information.

Kind regards,

willem

Please refer to http://upnet.up.ac.za/services/it/documentation/docs/004167.pdf
for full details.

Casper O

Jul 28, 2020, 11:56:54 AM7/28/20
to Subsurface Divelog
I have no issues downloadning the logs from the Uwatec dive computer with SmartTRAK program. It takes a bit longer than a USB connected computer, but works fine.

But when i try to use subsurface to download the dives from the Sol computer it failed after a few mins with a info that something was wrong with the data transfer.

Alex Hinrichs

Jul 28, 2020, 1:49:41 PM7/28/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
I had the same on a Sol and a Luna. Reducing the IrDA speed on the dive computer fixed it on both.

You can find the setting on you Sol in menu "Other Settings" -> "IrDA speed"

In my case the transfer using the lower speed setting was even faster (maybe because of less retries)

Gesendet: Dienstag, 28. Juli 2020 um 17:56 Uhr
Von: "Casper O" <pri...@linkcube.dk>
An: "Subsurface Divelog" <subsurfac...@googlegroups.com>
Betreff: Re: Subsurface fails download from Uwatec Galileo Sol
I have no issues downloadning the logs from the Uwatec dive computer with SmartTRAK program. It takes a bit longer than a USB connected computer, but works fine.

But when i try to use subsurface to download the dives from the Sol computer it failed after a few mins with a info that something was wrong with the data transfer.

Casper O

Jul 28, 2020, 3:54:26 PM7/28/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Thanks!

I changed the IrDA speed to slow and I could then read out the dives with subsurface.