Subsurface log file

Andrew Trevor-Jones

May 26, 2020, 5:24:34 PM5/26/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Where do I find, or how do I tell Subsurface to create a log file?

I'm trying to work out why my BLE sync with my Shearwater Perdix is failing.  The libdivecomputer log suggests that the BLE connection is timing out and I'm told that Subsurface handles the BLE connection itself.

I'm on a Mac with Subsurface 4.9.3 or 4.9.4 (it fails on two different Macs).

Dirk Hohndel

May 26, 2020, 5:54:55 PM5/26/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Assuming you moved the official app into /Applications

run a Terminal

/Applications/Subsurface.app/Contents/MacOS/Subsurface -v > /tmp/subsurface.log 2>&1

download via BLE, quit Subsurface when you are done

send us the /tmp/subsurface.log file

/D