Import dives from Shearwater Cloud

Tyler DeWitt

Dec 29, 2018, 1:52:25 AM12/29/18
to Subsurface Divelog
I recently nuked my MacBook Pro and forgot to back up any of my dive logs. Luckily, I had all my dives in Shearwater Cloud (not Shearwater Desktop).  Shearwater Cloud and Desktop both have options to export the dives. The file that is exported from Desktop can easily be imported into SubSurface, however, the new SQL file exported from Cloud cannot be imported into SubSurface.

There is an option to export dives one at a time from Cloud, but for my 400 dives that would take.....awhile.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to export ALL the dives from Shearwater Cloud and import them into SubSurface?

Thanks!

Subsurface: 4.8.4
Shearwater Cloud: 2.2.5

Error: Failed to parse <sql_file>

Miika Turkia

Dec 29, 2018, 2:02:41 AM12/29/18
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
can you send me a sample sql log that is exported from the cloud? I’ll take a look what it would take to add support for it.

Tyler DeWitt

Miika Turkia

Dec 29, 2018, 5:17:42 AM12/29/18
to Subsurface Divelog
This does require some more work, especially related to gas mixes and cylinder pressures. But can you take a quick look on the few first few dives and tell me what is wrong and what is missing. The oldest dives are still totally wrong, but as the new ones are somewhat close, I rather work on them first.

miika

On Sat, Dec 29, 2018 at 9:26 AM Tyler DeWitt <tyler.sco...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks!

I've uploaded the file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HkdxZAhkIbyCFb0DBY2uaYYFuku4zTFa/view?usp=sharing

[...]

shearwater_cloud.zip

Dirk Hohndel

Dec 29, 2018, 12:59:43 PM12/29/18
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com

I recently nuked my MacBook Pro and forgot to back up any of my dive logs. Luckily, I had all my dives in Shearwater Cloud (not Shearwater Desktop).  Shearwater Cloud and Desktop both have options to export the dives. The file that is exported from Desktop can easily be imported into SubSurface, however, the new SQL file exported from Cloud cannot be imported into SubSurface.

It's Subsurface.

There is an option to export dives one at a time from Cloud, but for my 400 dives that would take.....awhile.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to export ALL the dives from Shearwater Cloud and import them into SubSurface?

I haven't looked at that at all, but can Shearwater Desktop import from Shearwater Cloud? Or is that a one way street?

/D