Aqualung i200CV2 issues with date and time

F. Dosil

May 20, 2023, 10:53:29 PM5/20/23
to Subsurface Divelog
Hi Everybody,
First, I’ve been using this app for years with my Mares Puck Pro, but given the small memory and that when I go diving, I might be 3 weeks non stop, I decided to buy one diving computer with bluetooth, I bought the i200C and I’m very happy with this one. I’m currently diving and when I started to transfer the dives to subsurface, something goes wrong with date and time, and also the dive number. It seems to get strange dates, sometimes 01/01/70, sometimes in the future. All the other data in the dive is OK and the dive number is always 0 . I also imported the dives with DiverLog and that one gets date and time OK. My computer is identified by Subsurface as i200CV2. I already tried to uninstall the APP in my Android phone, install again, synchronize with subsurface Cloud and then with the i200C. I also tried to download the dives using my iPad, but the iPad does not see the i200C at all with subsurface, but it works well with DiverLog.

I attached a screenshot of subsurface in my iPad. You can see some of those dives with wrong date/time.

Has  anyone an idea of what goes wrong? Is it a setting I’m missing in the i200C? My date/time format is set to day/month/year, European style.

Thanks for your help.
IMG_2293.png

Jef Driesen

May 21, 2023, 3:48:12 AM5/21/23
to F. Dosil, Subsurface Divelog
It's always possible you have a new variant, or some bug in the parser. To investigate you need to download a memory dump with logging enabled and send me those files. The procedure is explained here:

https://libdivecomputer.org/subsurface.html

Jef

Gary Gillikin

Aug 7, 2023, 5:34:11 PM8/7/23
to Subsurface Divelog
any progress on this?  I just made my first dives with a new Aqualung i200CV2 which I brought for my wife since my Aqualung i200C worked so well with this software but after I edited the date and time I got an error about data structures and lost all the dives I imported!

Michael Keller

Aug 7, 2023, 9:28:51 PM8/7/23
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gary.

On 8/08/23 09:34, Gary Gillikin wrote:
> any progress on this?  I just made my first dives with a new Aqualung
> i200CV2 which I brought for my wife since my Aqualung i200C worked so
> well with this software but after I edited the date and time I got an
> error about data structures and lost all the dives I imported!

Unfortunately the Aqualung i200CV2 seems to be part of a family of dive
computers that is specifically designed to only work with the DiverLog+
application, and where the manufacturer / designer of the dive computer
(Pelagic Pressure Systems) is actively taking steps to prevent third
party applications like Subsurface from interacting with the hardware
they sell to their customers.

There might be ways to reverse engineer the protocol used on this model,
but without collaboration from the manufacturer it might not work for
all cases - Jef would be the best person to speak to this.

As a user, what you can do is to approach the dive shop or supplier and
ask them to supply documentation for the protocol used by this dive
computer, and let them know that you are not happy that you as the
customer are not given the choice to use the logging program that you
prefer.

Cheers

  Michael Keller