Problem with Syncing with Cloud Storage

Cameron Podd

Feb 15, 2020, 10:21:02 PM2/15/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Hello,

I am a new Subsurface Divelog user, so forgive me if this is a simple question.

I am using the cloud storage for Subsurface divelog option.  I have about 20 dives logged.  I successfully logged #21 yesterday and was in the process today of logging three more.  However, I was working offline.  When I tried to sync to the server, all of my dives disappeared.  I am wondering a few things:

1.  Is there a way to access my dives on the server (to get back #1-#21)?
2.  Whaere are the local cached copies stored on my computer before I sync them?  And is it possible to get those back as well?

I am using Subsurface for Mac 4.9.3, MacOS Catalina 10.15, and manually logging dives.

Thanks,

Cameron Podd

Robert C. Helling

Feb 17, 2020, 3:18:45 AM2/17/20
to Subsurface Divelog
The format is git internally, so nothing gets lost and all your dive should still be there. If you are familiar with the use of git, you can run subsurface from the command line with the -v option. That will tell you where your local storage is. This might look like an empty directory but it isn't. You need to check out the branch named after your email address.

If all this sounds cryptic to you, you can give di...@hohndel.org (who runs the server for the subsurface cloud) explicit permission to look at your log and try to fix it. This needs to be requested by email _from the account that the log is stored for_.

Cameron Podd

Feb 17, 2020, 10:39:50 PM2/17/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Hi Robert,

Thank you so much for your help and clarification.

I was able to look into my git log and determine the commit where the error occurred (as well as the last working commit).  I sent an email to dirk asking him to reset my branch to that commit on the server.

Thanks again,

Cameron Podd