Is it possible to get some example of data extracted from diffrent diving computer ?

TOM TOM.RSR

Mar 7, 2020, 4:33:51 PM3/7/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Hi, My name is Tom and I'm actually working on a school project.
I'd like to make a website like "divelogs.de". For it, I need as much as possible native dives from different diving computer.

Jason Bramwell

Mar 7, 2020, 6:21:47 PM3/7/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com

Tom,

Can you clarify what you want. The reason I say this is that “native dives from different diving computers” would likely technically mean the raw memory dumps from the dive computer, this is probably not what you really want. I’m thinking you likely want data that has already been parsed into recognisable fields (asking on this mailing list will likely only get you data that has been parsed by Libdivecomputer into Subsurface but yes, from a variety of different dive computers).

A website like divelogs.de is more like a logbook aggregator, is imports various other logbook formats but doesn’t directly talk to the dive computer itself.

Jason

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

TOM TOM.RSR

Mar 8, 2020, 8:34:05 AM3/8/20
to Subsurface Divelog
Yes, like you said I'd like to get the data of dives in xml or csv, but not from LibdiveComputer to Subsurface.More like the Suunto standard export, but for as many different companies as possible.

Jason Bramwell

Mar 8, 2020, 8:46:47 AM3/8/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Ah ok, I can’t help then I’m afraid as I only have data in Subsurface format, I suspect that may be the case with the majority of our users but since we can import from other applications it’s possible there is a set of test logs kicking around.

Happy to give you a copy of my logs if you need as although it’s not specific to one particular computer manufacturer it would make sense for the Subsurface format to be supported too. There are a couple of manufacturers where Subsurface is actually the recommended application.

Jb

Sent from my iPhone

On 8 Mar 2020, at 12:34, TOM TOM.RSR <tom...@eduge.ch> wrote:

Yes, like you said I'd like to get the data of dives in xml or csv, but not from LibdiveComputer to Subsurface.More like the Suunto standard export, but for as many different companies as possible.

TOM TOM.RSR

Mar 8, 2020, 8:52:15 AM3/8/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Okay, thanks for answering this quickly.
I'm gonna ask to divelogs.de for some data. And thanks again for those answers.

Jason Bramwell

Mar 8, 2020, 8:59:01 AM3/8/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Might be worth asking Diviac too https://m.logbook.diviac.com/#/

Sent from my iPhone

Jason Bramwell

Mar 8, 2020, 9:12:00 AM3/8/20
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com

Thera are some example dive log formats here (https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/tree/master/dives) I don’t think there will be a large number of dives but it’ll get you some different log formats to work with.

JB

Sent from Mail for Windows 10